Thomas takes order for SCR school buses
- Moving in the right direction. Venables, Mark // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on the sustainable approach in bus manufacturing taken by Thomas Built Buses, manufacturer of orange school buses. It discusses the adoption by the manufacturer of a zero-waste-to-landfill policy, its goal of reducing the carbon footprint of manufacturing facilities that are...
- Thomas Delivers 50,000th Saf-T-Liner C2 Bus. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;11/ 2/2012, p1
The article reports that Thomas Built Buses celebrated a milestone with the delivery of its 50,000th Saf-T-LinerC2 conventional school bus on October 30, 2012 to Dean Transportation of Lansing, Michigan. It informs that the school bus was launched in 2004 and was the result of the combined...
- Daimler showing natural gas options at ACT Expo. // Fleet Owner Blog;5/16/2012, p3
Information on the 2012 Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Exposition in Long Beach, California in May 2012, in which Daimler Trucks North America LLC is displaying part of its alternative fuel. Topics include alternative fuel product, natural gas vehicles, and investment strategies for...
- Small fire at DTNA's Gastonia plant quickly extinguished. // Fleet Owner Blog;10/25/2012, p2
The article reports that a small fire at the plant of Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) in Gastonia, North Carolina, was extinguished quickly before it caused major damage.
- Daimler Trucks expands production, hiring. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2011, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the plan of Daimler Trucks North America to hire 628 employees at its plants in Mount Holly and Gastonia, North Carolina beginning in mid-March 2011 to accommodate the increasing customer demand and expanding production schedules.
- Next-generation Cascadia boosts fuel economy 5%. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner Blog;5/30/2012, p7
The article previews the over-the-road Cascadia tractor from Daimler Trucks North America.
- Daimler projects new truck orders. Longton, Linda // Overdrive;May2010, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the increasing number of new truck orders received by Daimler Trucks North America LLC through the first half of 2010 in the U.S.
- Daimler's production schedule filling up. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2010, Vol. 167 Issue 5, p32
The article reports that Daimler Trucks North America states that they have enough new orders to fill its production schedule for the first half of 2010.
- Top performer. Sturgess, Steve // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 169 Issue 4, p27
The article evaluates the 2012 Freightliner Cascadia from Daimler Trucks North America.