Oshkosh Defense receives $290 million US Army order
- BACK to the FUTURE. Duncan, Andy // Overdrive;Dec2005, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p27
The article presents information about trucks. TerraMax, a modified military vehicle built by Oshkosh Truck Corp. was one of the entries in a field to complete the grueling 132 mile course of DARPA Grand Challenge, an off road race in the Nevada desert sponsored by the Pentagon's Defense...
- Oshkosh Truck To Refurbish Line Haul Tractors In Kuwait. Roosevelt, Ann // Defense Daily International;3/16/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p3
The article reports that Oshkosh Truck is adding refurbishment of Line Haul tractors to its work on the Family of Heavy Tactical Vehicles at the company's facility in Kuwait. The contract can be extended to cover additional Line Haul units located throughout the Southwest Asia theater of operations.
- Oshkosh Defense To Open New Office In Canada. Roosevelt, Ann // Defense Daily;1/9/2012, Vol. 253 Issue 5, p3
The article presents information on the Oshkosh Corp.'s announcement to open an Defense Division office in Ottawa, Ontario in support of the Canadian Department of National Defence's (DND) vehicle programs. Details about the office are given, including the amount of support and management it...
- A EULOGY FOR THE HUMVEE. VRABEL, ROBERT // Popular Mechanics;Dec2015/Jan2016, Vol. 192 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses the U.S. Army's High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle, also known as Humvee, which is being replaced by the Light Combat Tactical All-Terrain Vehicle (L-ATV) by Oshkosh Corp. Topics discussed include the author's experience driving a Humvee while he was in the Army,...
- JLTV Winner Oshkosh Introduces New MRAP Technologies. Parsons, Dan // Defense Daily;10/13/2015, Vol. 268 Issue 9, p6
The article offers brief information on several mine-resistant, ambush protected (MRAP) products from Oshkosh including the mine-resistant, ambush protected all-terrain vehicles (M-ATV) M-ATV 6x6 Technology Demonstrator and the 4X4 M-ATV and advanced driver assist system (ADAS) kits.
- Oshkosh Wins FMTV Rebuy Competition -- But ... // Military Technology;2009, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p62
The article reports on the rebuy programme contract won by Oshkosh Defense, a division of Oshkosh Corp. which entails five-year continued production of up to 23,000 trucks and trailers as well as support services to the U.S. Army. It notes that the contract which is known as the Family of Medium...
- Oshkosh takes back parts and service, opens new regional center. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/11/97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p13
Reports that Oshkosh Truck Corp. will be opening a regional parts distribution and service center in Salt Lake City, Utah on August 11, 1997. Background information on the company.
- Army's speedy delivery truck. Dane, Abe; Pope, Greg // Popular Mechanics;Jun93, Vol. 170 Issue 6, p24
States that resupplying combat forces should be easier with a truck-and-trailer combination under production by Oshkosh Truck Corp. Details on the 10-wheel-drive 500-hp truck, derived from the 10-ton HEMTT vehicle, which is the centerpiece of the new Palletized Load System, or PLS.
- Oshkosh sets up Mexico operation. // Automotive News;2/22/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5487, p16
Reports on Oshkosh Truck Corp.'s investment of technology and capital on a capital venture, Mexicana de Chasises SA de C.V. in Mexico. Manufacture of chassis for Mexico, Central America and South America; Location of manufacturing facility.