Twitter Yourself a New Job
- EMPLOYEES ONLY. K. O. // Entrepreneur;Dec2011, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p71
The article reports that job seekers are increasingly turning to social media applications, such as LinkedIn. Start-up businesses are trying to capitalize on this trend by creating software that uses social media technology for both applicants and employers. Some examples of these companies...
- The New Online Job Hunt. Russo, Francine // Time;10/3/2011, Vol. 178 Issue 13, pB14
The article discusses the use of online websites and social media for job searches. Discussion of online employment boards such as Monster and CareerBuilder is included. Other topics include the percentage of entry-level positions listed online, trouble with excess applicants, and starting...
- Consejos para encontrar empleo a trav�s de Linkedin. // Capital Humano;Nov2009, Vol. 22 Issue 237, p6
The article provides advice to users of the on-line social networking Web site Linkedin for finding jobs, including that they should build a network of contacts before it is needed, ensure that their user profiles are complete and current, and get recommendations from colleagues or previous bosses.
- LinkedIn shows shortcuts to search on skillsets. // Recruiter;2/23/2011, p8
The article reviews the web site LinkedIn Skills, located at www.linkedin.com/skills from LinkedIn Corp.
- ONLINE: LinkedIn shows shortcuts to search on skillsets. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);2/24/2011, p8
The article reviews the web site LinkedIn Skills from LinkedIn Corp., located at www.linkedin.com/skills.
- SOCIAL BUTTERFLIES, BUSY BEES. Landry, Christine // Special Events;Dec2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p40
The article reviews several web sites, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- YOUR SAVVY ASSISTANT. Humphries, Christan // SQL Server Magazine;May2009, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p48
The article features the uses of online social networks, in which the "SQL Server Magazine" has accounts. The magazine offers helpful resources, free tools and the latest industry happenings through its accounts at www.twitter.com. At its account at www.linkedin.com, "SQL Server Magazine"...
- Start benefiting from a social media platform. Cota, Jim // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/2/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p38
The article presents the author's views about the benefits from a social media platforms in the U.S. It explores the top three social online networks which include Twitter Inc., Facebook Inc. and LinkedIn Corp., depicting their features and provides tips on how it is used. It suggests posting...
- Add Social Media to Your Meeting. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Apr2011, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p33
The article offers tips regarding the utilization of social media including Facebook of Facebook Inc., LinkedIn of LinkedIn Corp., and Twitter of Twitter Inc. when conducting meeting. The tips include understand as to whether the meeting attendees are ready to use social media around the event,...