Two memorable years
- An Ideal State. Alexander, Caroline // New Yorker;12/16/91, Vol. 67 Issue 43, p53
Presents a recollection of living and teaching at the University of Malawi in Central Africa. Signing a two-year contract to teach Latin and to establish a Department of Classics at the university; Her background and education; Previous employment; Building a four-year undergraduate classics...
- People. // Malawi Country Review;2011, p122
The article offers information on the people of Malawi including its population, cultural heritage, health and welfare, and human development.
- People. // Malawi Country Review;2013, p121
The article offers information on the social condition of Malawi and discusses its population, health and welfare and human development.
- SOCIAL OVERVIEW. // Malawi Country Review;2007, p85
The article presents a social overview for Malawi, which includes information on the country's people, human development index, and status of women.
- Cultural and demographic risks in Malawi. // Malawi Economic Studies;2000, p64
Provides details on the culture and demographics of Malawi which business executives can use to evaluate potential strategic investments in the area. Population figures; Major ethnic groups that live there; Life expectancy of its citizens; Key demographic drivers; Prevalent cultural issues that...
- Market Liberalisation, Household Food Security and the Rural Poor of Malawi. Orr, Alastair; Mwale, Blessings; Saiti, Donata // European Journal of Development Research;Jun2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p47
Focuses on a study which examined the market liberalization, household security and the rural poor in Malawi. Study area and data; Methodology; Results of the study; Policy implications.
- Human Rights. // Malawi Country Review;2009, p30
The article offers information on the status of human rights in Malawi relative to its Human Development Index (HDI), Human Poverty Index Ranking and Gini Index.
- Status of Women. // Malawi Country Review;2011, p142
The article provides an overview of the status of women in Malawi with details on female population, life expectancy at birth, total fertility rate, maternal mortality ratio, and number of women living with AIDS/HIV.
- Desperation grows in hunger-stricken Malawi. Langlois, Ed // National Catholic Reporter;11/15/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p8
Reports on circumstances prevailing in southeast African country Malawi. Reasons behind starvation of millions of people living in Malawi; Role of Catholic Relief Services in helping people fight hunger; Information on causes of poor condition of farmers; Increasing gulf between Muslims and...