Allegations prompt Manitoba pathology probes
- Corporate etiquette. Metzger, Suzanne Green // Journal of Property Management;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the value of etiquette in the workplace. Importance of human interaction and courtesy; Details on several improper manners.
- Rules of the Game: Do Corporate Codes of Ethics Work? Wulfson, Myrna // Review of Business;Fall98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Over 90% of the Fortune 500 companies have ethical codes of conduct detailing what the companies expect from employees in terms of responsibilities and behavior. Corporate codes of ethics establish modes of behavior for all employees from the shipping clerk to the CEO. But do these codes result...
- My co-worker is moonlighting! // Office Professional;Oct2010, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p5
The article discusses the problem of administrative assistant, Linda in the office regarding Pauline, the newest member in their team who calls in sick on a regular basis but was actually taking temporary works in other companies.
- The ten most toxic lies in business. McCormack, Mark // Management;Feb98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on International Management Group head Mark McCormack's views on the adverse effects of lies in the workplace. Employment of lies to disguise failure at work; Difficulty of arguing with such catchphrases; List of ten most dangerous lies in business.
- A question of ethics. // Communication World;Feb/Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p8
Asks readers to analyze their views on ethical issues in the work place by solving a particular work place dilemma. Description of circumstances leading to a dilemma; Options to choose from.
- What to do with guys gone wild. Belloni, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter;8/5/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 41, p1
The article provides an answer to a question of how does companies in entertainment industry get affected when media write about their improper workplace behavior.
- Untitled. Taylor, Laurie // New Statesman;02/06/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4371, p55
Presents the author's story of working with a secretary as he compared his case with British politician, Robin Cook. How he progressed from a sales clerk to an outside sales position; His working relationship with the secretary.
- The Association of Civility and Ethics. Hughes, Ronda // Creative Nursing;2011, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p61
The article discusses the relationship between civility and ethics. It makes reference to the book "Choosing Civility," by P.M. Forni to explore the need for civility in acting out moral values. It discusses the foundations of ethical behavior, including trust, integrity and respect. The author...
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T. // Public Works;Aug2010, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p68
The article features James Grube, city engineer and Director of Transportation in Hennepin County, Minnesota and one of the American Public Works Association's (APWA's) Top Ten Leaders in 2010, who was considered by some people as a man who motivates his colleagues and incorporates ethics in his...