CIDA adopts new food security strategy
- ACEC Letter to CIDA Minister, Bev Oda. Boivin, Claude Paul // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p15
The article presents the letter sent by the Claude Paul Boivin, the president of Association of Canadian Engineering Companies (ACEC) to Bev Oda, the newly appointed Minister of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDC). Boivin appealed to the Minster to reverse the reduction in the...
- Bev Oda ignored CIDA, betrayed KAIROS. Gruending, Dennis // Catholic New Times;1/10/2011, p15
The author criticizes Canada's conservative government for bullying the Canadian ecumenical social justice group KAIROS. He details two separate incidences which he thinks provides yet another glimpse into the ideologically driven spitefulness of the government and the lack of competence and...
- AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SECURITY IN THE ECCU BEVERLEY PELTIER LABADIE. LABADIE, BEVERLEY PELTIER // Journal of Business, Finance & Economics in Emerging Economies;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p273
Recent hikes in international food prices undermine the ability of developing countries to ensure that vulnerable groups have access to enough food necessary for a healthy life. This paper assesses the ECCU's food security challenges and analyzes policy measures and options available in meeting...
- Congress: Spend time where it matters. Ford, Steve // Mid-South Farmer;Aug2011, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p10
In this article, the author discusses the impact of the plan of the Congress to decrease support to agricultural producers and eliminate farm program payments on farm families and agricultural development in the U.S.
- Canada sends $1 million to Central Mindanao. // Filipino Post;5/3/2012, p9
The article provides information on residents of Central Mindanao receiving a fund of 1 million Canadian dollars from Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), for maintaining peace in Mindanao by bringing increased socioeconomic stability to affected areas.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: Marketing Assistance Loan Program Should Better Reflect Market Conditions: RCED-00-9. // GAO Reports;11/23/1999, p1
The marketing assistance loan program provides farmers who grow certain crops with financial assistance at harvest time, when prices are usually lower than at other times of the year. As of September 1999, $3.4 billion of the $3.7 billion in cash payments went to producers of the following four...
- Improving Situation of Czech Agriculture. Doucha, Tomá#x0161; // Czech Business & Trade;2011 supplement, Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the 2.5-fold year-on-year increase of agricultural income in Czech Republic to Czech Koruna (CZK) 6.2 milliard. It states that the greater part of subsidies for agricultural enterprises came from European Union (EU) funds in which over 50% is meant for increasing business...
- Latvijas lauksaimniecÄ«bas reÄ£ionÄlÄs specializÄcijas izmaiÅ†as. Sproģis, Jānis; Sproģe, Ilze; Sproģis, Andris // Economic Science for Rural Development Conference Proceedings;2008, Issue 15, p257
The development and location of agriculture in Latvia has a history of many centuries. The regional location was formed by natural conditions, ruling authorities and economic efficiency. After 1990, the regional specialisation of agriculture is mostly affected by prices and imports. Although the...
- Prospectiva de la agricultura en el desarrollo de MÃ©xico. Haro, Eduardo Pérez // Cotidiano - Revista de la Realidad Mexicana;ene/feb2013, Vol. 28 Issue 177, p47
No abstract available.