Physicians' legal duty of care and legal right to refuse to work during a pandemic
- Implementation, barriers and challenges of smoke-free policies in hospitals in Egypt. Nasr Radwan, Ghada; Loffredo, Christopher A.; Aziz, Rasha; Abdel-Aziz, Nagah; Labib, Nargis // BMC Research Notes;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p568
Background: Tobacco use is a serious public health challenge in North Africa, and health professionals play a vital role in tobacco control. In Egypt, limited data are available on the knowledge and attitudes of health care providers regarding tobacco control policies. Such data are especially...
- Recent CMS rulings can affect your practice. // Dermatology Times;Jun2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p7
In late March, 2004, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued the second phase of its final regulations addressing physician referrals under the Stark II law, which is intended to curtail referrals by physicians to medical facilities in which they have a financial interest. CMS...
- Health-care costs to climb higher under proposed bills. // Fairfield County Business Journal;02/22/99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p10
Reports on bills filed in Connecticut which are perceived to drive the cost of health care costs even higher. Expanded lawsuits against health care plans; Special entitlement for health care practitioners at the expense of consumers; Health-benefit mandate.
- Poor prognosis. SEGAL, MARTIN E. // ABA Journal;Aug97, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p74
States that medical release forms have long been an integral part of the paperwork that accompanies most medical care. Reason for the existence of medical consent laws; Result of how unconscionability doctrine is applied to questions of whether medical release forms are available; Situations...
- Commentary. United Kingdom. // Medical Law Review;Autumn2000, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p339
Discusses several medical law cases in Great Britain. Withholding treatment and human rights; Human Rights Act 1998; Liability of ambulance service.
- Health care reform: Why reinvent the wheel? Sawyer, Ron // San Diego Business Journal;9/26/94, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p11
Opinion. Compares the health care systems of Canada and California. Debate over health care reform in California in the form of Proposition 186; Author's exposure to the Canadian single-payer health care system; Advantage of the Canadian system over California's health care system.
- CNE/CME questions. // ED Management;Nov2008, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p131
The article lists several questions regarding medical care, emergency department services, and laws critical care.
- Medicopolitical digest. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/10/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7125, p154
Presents briefs about the legal aspects of medicine. Announcement by Alan Milburn, the health minister of United Kingdom, on 94 personal medical services pilot schemes beginning on April 1998; Allocation by the government of England for health authorities to help with costs of modernising the...
- Update and overview of the law relating to health and safety. Dimond, Bridgit // British Journal of Nursing;3/27/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p365
Explores a series of health care topics in light of National Health Service and law developments in Great Britain. National Patient Safety Agency's health safety warnings; Initiatives to combat cross-infection; Issues related to hospital catering.