Coalition recommends export control reforms
- Interest group activity in the States. Nownes, Anthony J.; Freeman, Patricia // Journal of Politics;Feb98, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p86
Presents a study which uses data collected from a survey conducted of 595 states lobbyists and 301 states organizations to address questions pertaining to the activities of interest group in these states. Identification of the questions addressed; Where the groups and lobbyists are more active;...
- Conservative Interest Group Impact on Union Voters: The Link Between Social and Economic Issues. Clark, Paul F. // Labor Studies Journal;Winter98, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p47
Looks at the relationship between social and economic interest groups that maintain different focus in their support for members of the US Congress. Group's influence on the voting decisions of union members; Claims made by the social and economic issue interest groups; Ways of determining the...
- Senate restricts lobbying by advocacy groups. // Human Events;8/18/95, Vol. 51 Issue 32, p22
Reports on the US Senate's adoption of an amendment to the lobbying registration bill banning any organization that engages in lobbying from receiving federal grants. Supporters and opponents of the amendment.
- Your grassroots resources. Patterson, Sally J. // Electric Perspectives;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p24
Discusses the types of participants in an effective grassroots network. Key contacts like senior managers, PAC members and grasstops contacts; Internal constituencies like employees, unions and shareholders; External constituencies like civic organizations and coalitions.
- From confrontation to consultation? Pressure group relations from Thatcher to Major. Baggott, Rob // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul95, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p484
Discusses changes in the relationship between pressure groups and the executive branch of government in Great Britain. Comparison of Margaret Thatcher's administration to John Major's; Cooperation and compromise.
- Queers shut out. Fagan, Noreen // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);7/7/2011, Issue 233, p8
The article reports that members of United Way and Ottawa Community Action debated over issues of transparency and funding priorities during the Annual General Meeting of United Way Ottawa in Ontario on June 21, 2011.
- The determinants of success of special interests in redistributive politics. Dixit, Avinash; Londregan, John // Journal of Politics;Nov96, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p1132
Examines the factors that determines an interest group's chance of receiving favors in pork-barrel politics. Construction of a model of political competition in which two parties vie for voters' electoral support; `Swing voter' outcome; `Core support' outcome.
- The evolution of a better definition of `Interest Group'... Yoho, James // Social Science Journal;1998, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p231
Presents information on a study concerning the evolution of the term `interest group' and its synonyms. Definitional elements; Evolving conceptualization of interest groups; Contemporary conceptualization.
- Battling Boosters. // National Journal;11/8/2008, p28
A list of the win-lose records of 21 interest groups that supported candidates in U.S. House and Senate contests and defined as competitive by The Cook Political Report is presented.