More Time, Oversight Sought for Calif. Anti-Blight Agencies
- Belgium. Kaczmarek, Cédric; Smeets, Mercedes; Lovells, Hogan // European State Aid Law Quarterly;Mar2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses a court case on the implementation of the Flemish Land and Property Decree of March 27, 2009 in Belgium. Thirty-six private real estate development companies has complained that the Decree violates Articles 10 and 11 of the Constitution with Articles 107 and 108 of the...
- R (on the application of Ise Lodge Amenity Land Committee) v Kettering Borough Council. Lane, Vivienne // Estates Gazette;6/15/2002, Issue 224, p148
Presents a summary of a disposal of land case in Great Britain. Argument raised by the Kettering Borough Council in England; Dismissal of the application for land disposal; Justification for the decision on the case.
- Downtown plan ok'd. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;10/16/95, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p78
Reports that the New York State Senate approved a tax abatement bill intended to prod office and housing construction in lower Manhattan.
- Code changes allow for 10-story hotel. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the authorization given to Wildhorse Resort and Casino to create a 10-story hotel brought by the amendments made to the Land Development Code of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) in Oregon.
- Marr backs bill to restrict land uses around airports. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);1/28/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, pA5
The article reports on the legislation cosponsored by Senator Chris Marr which aim to restrict and prohibit any type of inappropriate development such as hospitals, schools and housing within the cities and counties in Washington.
- City educating developers on landfill ordinance. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;07/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the enactment of the Landfill Development Ordinance to promote full disclosure to developers and property owners who are looking to build on or near a landfill sites in Tucson, Arizona. Problem encountered by officials regarding developers; Three central points to the landfill...
- R (on the application of Reid and another) v Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions and another. Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;10/19/2002, Issue 242, p158
Presents a summary of the case R(on the application of Reid and another) v. Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions and another, which deals with planning permission conditions. Appeal of the claimants; Details of the application for planning permission; Decision on...
- RESPA Rule Set For End of the Year. Collins, Brian // Origination News;Oct2008, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the goal of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Steve Preston to complete the final Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) rule, despite opposition from industry and the Congress, by the end of the year 2008.
- FORTY YEARS OF AN INDUSTRY INSTITUTION. Fetherstonhaugh, Guy; Radley-Gardner, Oliver // Estates Gazette;3/28/2015, Issue 821, p70
The article mentions the anniversary of the Blundell Lectures series, which has been tackling property law developments in Great Britain for 40 years as of March 2015.