SSB, UBS Confirmed To Handle W.Va. Deal
- Salomon, UBS Led Among Senior Managers Again in 2002. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p6
Ranks bond insurance companies on the basis of work done by them in 2002. Worth of transactions undertaken by Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Debt sales undertaken by UBS PaineWebber Inc.; Positions held by other companies.
- Settled Suits Reap a Return Of Riches. Mariani, Michele // Governing;May2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p64
Focuses on legal battles over investment-management in the U.S. Settlement between California's San Bernardino County and brokerage firm Salomon Smith Barney over improperly invested funds and allegations of fraud and bribes; Cause of the majority of improper investments between 1992 and 1998;...
- Smith Barney, UBS Paine Webber Likely to Handle W.Va. $4B Deal. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31169, p40
Reports on West Virginia's expected confirmation of Salomon Smith Barney and UBS PaineWebber Inc. as managing underwriters for its proposed $4 billion pension bond deal. Pension funds which will be financed by the deal; Legal hurdles to the bond issue.
- Salomon Smith Barney opens Houston Office. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/28/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30567, p33
Reports on the opening of the public finance office by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. in Houston, Texas. Commitment of the firm to expanding its presence in public finance in the state of Texas; Responsibility of the Houston office; Salomon as top senior underwriter of municipal bonds nationwide in...
- Nassau County names tobacco team; prepares for a financial turnaround. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30617, p32
Announces that Nassau County, New York has hired Salomon Smith Barney Inc. as book-runner for its planned sale of $200 million in tobacco settlement-backed debt. Aim to help lift the county from its accumulated deficits; Composition of the financing team; Plan to make significant progress in...
- Salomon, UBS Keep Top Spots Coming Out of First Quarter. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31605, p6
Salomon Smith Barney Inc. and UBS PaineWebber held on to their positions as the number one and number two senior managers for the bond market for the first three months of 2003. Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. jumped two slots to number three from number five at the year end, while Bear, Stearns & Co....
- UBS PaineWebber on Ill. Book-Runner Squad, Chapman to Be Chief Counsel. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p3
Reports the addition of UBS Paine Webber Inc. as one of the underwriting firms for the state bonds of Illinois. Names of other firms hired by the state; Reappointment of Chapman and Cutler as the bond counsel for the state; Retention of Burke Burns and Pinelli as co-bond counsel.
- W. Va. taps pension bond underwriters. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;12/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30788, p1
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. and PaineWebber Inc. will be co-lead underwriters on a West Virginia taxable pension bond sale. Companies' dominant presence in West Virginia; Division of sale proceeds among unfunded liabilities of pensions to which the state is mandated by law to supply...
- Lehman Lures Frank Mahoney to Join Public Finance Group. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31650, p8
Former UBS PaineWebber Inc. banker Frank Mahoney has joined Lehman Brothers Inc. a public finance group, as a managing director. He is based in its New York office and is a part of the Northeast team of the public finance unit, reporting to Sonia Toledo, who is also a managing director. Ron...