Wisconsin's Bond Chief Urges Lawmakers to Deal With Structural Budget Deficit
- Arizona Republicans Propose Budget Cuts. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 327820, p1
The article reports that the Republican chairmen of the Arizona Legislature's appropriations committees have proposed cutting almost $1 billion from the state's fiscal 2008 budget of $10.6 billion to cope with steep declines in general fund revenues. According to Senator Bob Burns and...
- Wisconsin Senate to Vote on Plan for Eliminating $527 Million Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/13/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32877, p6
The article reports on the expected voting of the Wisconsin Senate on a bipartisan plan to eliminate a $527 million deficit in the current two-year budget. Under the plan, the state would delay a $125 million school aid payment into the next budget cycle, cut spending by about $69 million and...
- Oklahoma Voters Approve Change in Budget Formula. // Education Week;5/8/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 33, p2
The article reports on the approval of an initiative to modify the state budget-balancing formula by the Oklahoma voters. The legislators are hoping that the scheme will alleviate the predicted 121 million dollars budget deficit. The flexibility of the new initiative enables it to concentrate to...
- State, Like Marines, Has Its Hands Full. Hollon, John // San Diego Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p46
Editorial. Calls on California legislators to focus on looking for solutions to the budget deficit. Estimated budget deficit; Time wasted on non-priority bills; Need to consider budget cut proposals.
- Montana Board of Investments May Face Legislative Probe. // Investment Management Weekly;4/4/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the intention of Montana lawmakers to launch an investigation to determine whether the decisions made by the State Board of Investments can be partly blamed for two of the public funds deficit of the state as of April 2005. Value of the deficit; Action taken by Republican leader Roy...
- Bulgaria caps budget gap at 2% of GDP in law. // Regional Today;02/01/2013, p5
This article reports that the Bulgarian Parliament passed January 31, 2013 the Public Finances Law aimed at capping the country's future budget deficits at 2 percent of gross domestic product.
- Rhode Island Lawmakers Override Veto of Budget. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31939, p4
Reports on the decision of the Rhode Island legislature to override the governor's veto of budget for the 2005 fiscal year. Allocation of funds for the capital projects and bond referendum; Construction of a biotechnology center; Amount of the state's budget deficit.
- Colombia Still On Target? // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p9
Deals with the fiscal deficit targets for Colombia in 2004. Terms of its stand-by-loan programme which is supported by the International Monetary Fund; Initiatives to be modified to achieve the targeted fiscal deficit for 2004; Components of its 2004 tax bill.
- A REPORTER IN WASHINGTON. Drew, Elizabeth // New Yorker;11/4/85, Vol. 61 Issue 37, p131
Discusses issues pertaining to the debate over a move to force a balancing of the U.S. national budget in five years, starting in 1985. Issues related to the vote to raise the debt ceiling; Problems pertaining to the Gramm-Rudman national budget proposal.