Panelists Discuss Ups and Downs of Muni Derivatives
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p7
Several charts are presented depicting the Bond Market Association swap index, index-linked Muni swaps, and swap rates versus bond yields in the derivatives, and structured products market in the U.S. as of the second week of July 2006.
- Scranton, Pa., School District Mulls Swap Deal, Recently Legalized in State. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31835, p27
Reports on the plan of the Seranton School District to use a complex derivative to secure an upfront cash payment in the bond market in Pennsylvania. Deliberation of the board on the authorization of interest rate swap documents; Expectation for the school district to enter into a...
- Many issuers put their deals on hold, waiting for conditions to meet targets. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p30
Reports on developments related to municipal bonds in the United States as of April 26, 1999. Issuers' decision to delay their bond deals; Florida-based Miami-Dade County's decision to delay its planned interest rate swap.
- Alabama Forum Aims to Clue Issuers In to the Benefits of Swaps. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p28
Flexibility offered by interest-rate swaps have motivated finance professionals like Matthew Roggenburg, a managing director at J.P. Morgan Securities Inc., and Douglas Goldberg, a senior vice president at CDR Financial Products, to attend conferences like Investor Relations Forum in Jefferson...
- OCC: Bank Derivatives Rose in 1Q. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;6/9/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 109, p3
This article focuses on a report issued by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency on June 6, 2003 which indicates that the notional amount of derivatives held by U.S. commercial banks increased 9 percent during the first quarter of 2003, to 61.4 trillion dollars. The narrowing of spreads...
- Expected delays give Texas University unexpected edge. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p26
Reports on the benefits of a delay in obtaining final state approval for a multi-million dollar forward interest rate swap to the University of Texas. Bond market conditions at the time of obtaining the approval; Date of holding of a competitive bid for the floating-to-fixed rate swap by the...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p7
Presents data concerning U.S. derivatives and structured bond products as July 19, 2005. Bond Market Association Municipal Swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates versus bond yield.
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32600, p6
Several charts are presented that lists derivatives and structured products in the U.S. for 2007 including municipal swap index, index-linked muni swaps and swap rates versus bond yields.
- Secondary Market Synthetics Take Off in a Trend of Their Own. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;02/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31071, p7
Reports on developments concerning the derivatives market in the United States as of February 5, 2001. Secondary-market municipal synthetic derivatives; Index-linked muni swaps; Swap rates and bond yields; Volume of rated muni synthetics from 1999 to 2000.