Panelists Discuss Ups and Downs of Muni Derivatives
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p7
Several charts are presented depicting the Bond Market Association swap index, index-linked Muni swaps, and swap rates versus bond yields in the derivatives, and structured products market in the U.S. as of the second week of July 2006.
- Scranton, Pa., School District Mulls Swap Deal, Recently Legalized in State. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31835, p27
Reports on the plan of the Seranton School District to use a complex derivative to secure an upfront cash payment in the bond market in Pennsylvania. Deliberation of the board on the authorization of interest rate swap documents; Expectation for the school district to enter into a...
- Many issuers put their deals on hold, waiting for conditions to meet targets. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p30
Reports on developments related to municipal bonds in the United States as of April 26, 1999. Issuers' decision to delay their bond deals; Florida-based Miami-Dade County's decision to delay its planned interest rate swap.
- Alabama Forum Aims to Clue Issuers In to the Benefits of Swaps. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p28
Flexibility offered by interest-rate swaps have motivated finance professionals like Matthew Roggenburg, a managing director at J.P. Morgan Securities Inc., and Douglas Goldberg, a senior vice president at CDR Financial Products, to attend conferences like Investor Relations Forum in Jefferson...
- OCC: Bank Derivatives Rose in 1Q. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;6/9/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 109, p3
This article focuses on a report issued by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency on June 6, 2003 which indicates that the notional amount of derivatives held by U.S. commercial banks increased 9 percent during the first quarter of 2003, to 61.4 trillion dollars. The narrowing of spreads...
- Expected delays give Texas University unexpected edge. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p26
Reports on the benefits of a delay in obtaining final state approval for a multi-million dollar forward interest rate swap to the University of Texas. Bond market conditions at the time of obtaining the approval; Date of holding of a competitive bid for the floating-to-fixed rate swap by the...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p7
Presents data concerning U.S. derivatives and structured bond products as July 19, 2005. Bond Market Association Municipal Swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates versus bond yield.
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32600, p6
Several charts are presented that lists derivatives and structured products in the U.S. for 2007 including municipal swap index, index-linked muni swaps and swap rates versus bond yields.
- Now Is Not the Time to Slacken Credit Standards. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32846, p33
The author reflects on the credit standards of municipal and corporate bonds. He said that the net of the marketplace action has been extremely low borrowing costs to municipalities. The changing and uncertain bond markets have influenced issuers to do unethical practices like self-bidding and...