Moody's Realigns Analysts; Boicourt Named Head of Merged Team
- Moody's Changes Cleveland's Debt Outlook to Negative. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p6
Reports on the change of rating by rating agency Moody's Investors Services for Cleveland's general obligation debt issue. Ratings given to the issue by rating agency Standard & Poor's; Features of the bonds; Reason for change in ratings of the issue.
- Credit Rating: A Tough Business to Enter. // High Yield Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Relates the arguments of Moody's Investors Service against plans to accept new market entrants to the rating agency market.
- The role of the rating agencies. Bertrand, Marsha // World & I;Jul98, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on the role of debt-rating agencies. Example of premier debt-rating agencies; Criticisms on the failure of debt-rating agencies to give investors advance warning of the East Asian financial crisis; Problems met by Moody's Investors Service in giving warning to investors.
- Fitch and Moody's Trade Jabs With Competing Studies. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p7
Reports the competition between rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings company in New York. Reports on rating transitions; Differences in rating agency methodology; Downgrades in deals.
- Moody's Posts Record $313 Million in Second-Quarter Revenues. // Bond Buyer;8/05/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31692, p30
Reports on the net income earned by Moody's Investors Services Inc., a rating agency, during the second quarter of 2003. Total revenues earned by the rating agency during 2003; Projected revenue of the rating agency for the year 2003.
- Weakened N.Y. County on Moody's Watch List. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p39
Reports on the focus of Moody's Investors Service on Monroe County, New York for a possible downgrade affecting in outstanding debt. Effects of the decision of Moody on the county's financial condition; Reliance of county on manufacturing sector; Credit of Standard & Poor's rating outlook for...
- Rating agencies bearish on reinsurance outlook. // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2002, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the outlook of rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings on the reinsurance sector in the U.S. as of October 2002. Factors that will affect the growth of the reinsurance sector; Comment from Ted Collins, managing director of property and casualty reinsurance at...
- Notching, part II: Moody's responds. // Asset Securitization Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the response of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to an article in the 'Asset Securitization Report' about Moody's notching practices. Moody's reasons for the severity of its notching practices; Aim of protecting senior collateralized debt obligation (CDO) investors; Factors considered...
- Low recovery rates still a major problem for CDOs. // Asset Securitization Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p6
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded York Funding 1998-1 due to low recovery rates in collateralized debt obligations in the United States. Issuers of York Funding; Other downgrades by Moody's for York Funding.