NEWS IN BRIEF
- News in brief. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p2
Reports on the developments in the United States economy as of January 7, 2000. Includes a decrease in the sales of single-family homes in November, 1999; Increase in the number of unemployment insurance claims; Plans of the US Treasury Department to sell securities; Rating of Brentwood,...
- IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto; Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32298, p2
The article presents updates related to the U.S. economy. There is an increase in the first-time applications for seasonally adjusted state unemployment insurance. A decline in import price has been detected. The country's trade deficit declined by 5.8 percent. The Department of the Treasury has...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Barnett, Susanna Duff; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p2
Presents news items related to the U.S. economy for the week of February 27, 2004. Decline in new orders for durable goods in January 2004; Decline in sales of new single-family homes; Rise in the volume of help wanted advertisements in newspapers; Rise in number of first-time applications for...
- Adding Up Adweek's Classified Ads for Jobs. // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/1/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p56
Reports on the advertisements for jobs in advertising, marketing and media published in the United States-based `Adweek' magazine as of May 1, 2000. Increase in number of job openings.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31428, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Increase of business inventory; Growth of investments; Decline of the tender rates for the Treasury Department.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. O'Connor, Jeanine; Barnett, Chip; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of August 2002. Growth of the industrial production index; Increase of the tender rates for the discount bills of the Treasury Department; Percentage of the manufacturing output.
- Reduced borrowing pace slows Treasury innovations-temporarily. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;May72, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Treasury Department to stimulate economy in 1972. Changes in the debt management procedures; Amount of cash to be raised to meet the year's deficit; Proposed changes in the financing procedures.
- Economic reports fuel Treasury market rally. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p2
Focuses on a batch of reports on the economic conditions in the United States affecting the country's Treasury bond market for the second week of September 1997. Rates of increase in bond prices; Rise of retail sales.
- The Slump Hits Home. Fonda, Daren; Dale, Sarah; Ressner, Jeffrey // Time;11/12/2001, Vol. 158 Issue 21, p84
Discusses the effects of the recession in the United States on the housing market. Difficulty of selling homes; Importance of the housing market to economic conditions in the U.S.; Decision of the U.S. Treasury Department to end sales on 30-year bonds; Unemployment rate in the U.S.