Aggie Bonds Applauded
- City approves four tax breaks. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/26/98, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p3
Reports that the city government of Grand Rapids, Michigan has approved more tax abatement projects to allow for industrial business expansion. City's approval of Vi Chem Corp., NK Manufacturing Technologies, Obie Manufacturing Inc. and Proos Manufacturing Inc.'s proposed business expansion...
- Commissioners extend disaster declaration, approve tax abatement. Walsh, Erik // Malakoff News (TX);6/5/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 23, p1
The article reports that the Henderson County Commissioners has extended the local disaster declaration and approved the Halyard Energy tax abatement final approval in Henderson County, Texas.
- Farm debt. // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1991 1st Quarter, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p38
Presents letters from Harold F. Breimyer and Neil E. Harl on an article of Greg Hanson about farm debt crisis and Hanson's comments on the letters. How Hanson's article scarcely mentions the devastating effect in Federal Reserve monetary policy; Major response of the government to the farm debt...
- Mayor wants higher wage level for tax breaks. Eckert, Toby // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/25/97, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p15A
Discloses that Indianapolis, Indiana mayor Steve Goldsmith has come up with a proposal to raise the minimum average hourly wage employers must pay to qualify for abatements in all nine of the city's townships. Use of the abatements as an incentive for companies to locate in the city or expand...
- Worth a look. // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/14/99, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p10
Comments on the decision of the members of Cleveland City Council to only give a temporary approval to a Ohio government proposal that would establish a firm schedule of tax abatements for new apartment buildings and condominium projects. Sufficient time needed to study the issue; Concerns...
- DOD waives bond requirements for DBE. Treiber, Donald // Business Credit;Feb1994, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p11
Discusses the Department of Defense (DOD) waiving of bond requirement for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). Encouragement of examination of interim rule.
- Wisconsin takes aim at convention with new POS format. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/15/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30394, p3
Focuses on Wisconsin's use of a more reader-friendly preliminary official statement (POS) for its two upcoming bond issues. Format of the POS; Advantages over traditional format; Securities and Exchange Commission's plain-English disclosure order.
- New Cook County Team Clears Way for Its First Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p8
The article reports that the Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois has approved a master bond ordinance that allows the county to enter the bond market up to 425 million dollars of refunding bonds to balance the fiscal budget in 2011.
- GFOA adopts recommended practice for government issue of taxable debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30329, p4
Focuses on the Government Finance Officers Association's Committee on Governmental Debt and Fiscal Policy's adoption of recommended practice on issuing taxable debt. Features of the growing popularity of taxable bonds; Structural features that can provide long-term benefits for taxable bonds;...