Social Preferences for Learning Among Adolescents in Secondary Physical Education
- An Examination of the Responsibility Model in a New Zealand Secondary School Physical Education Program. Gordon, Barrie // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p21
This study examined a six-month implementation of the Responsibility Model in a New Zealand secondary school. Data were collected through interviews, observations and student self-assessments. The implementation was found to be successful in developing positive, supportive and well-behaved...
- Bron's letter. // Dolly;Sep2006, Issue 431, p12
The author discusses some of her bad experiences during her high school years. She relates the difficulties that she had faced during the days when her school friends would turn against her. She categorizes the students at her school as the goths, the sportos, the nice girls, the populars, the...
- The social NETWORK. // Dolly;Mar2013, Issue 507, p48
The article presents tips for high school students on making new friends and dealing with other friendships and interpersonal relations at the start of the school year. Psychologist Jo Lamble encourages new students to be open about themselves when getting acquainted with new classmates....
- THE USE OF A SHORT PERSONALITY SCHEDULE IN HIGH SCHOOL PERSONNEL WORK. Engle, T. L. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct38, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p534
The article discusses a personnel study of 106 sophomores in the Isaac C. Elston Senior High School in Michigan City, Indiana. The purpose of the study was to determine the number and kind of social activities the students engaged in, the relationship of such activities to scores on a...
- Not all roads lead to Rome â€” Comparing different types of motivational regulation profiles Schwinger, Malte; Steinmayr, Ricarda; Spinath, Birgit // Learning & Individual Differences;Jun2012, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p269
The self-regulation of motivation represents a key feature of self-regulated learning. Recent studies have documented that students use a variety of strategies to sustain their learning motivation and that most of these strategies have positive effects. However, less is known about how students...
- Spirited students `T.P.' a rival high school before a big game. Instead of viewing the act as a... // Curriculum Review;Apr96, Vol. 35 Issue 8, Shop Talk for Teachers p4
Presents a real-life situation in a high school students prank between rival high schools involving toilet-paper assault. Attitude of the school authorities towards the group who initiated the prank; Details of the case.
- The great escape. Marston, Wendy // Seventeen;May96, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p70
Looks at the various choices that a persons has when they enter high school. How different life decisions affects the individual.
- Rollin' Rebels making their mark on Hays High School. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/ 9/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 31, p3B
The article offers information on the efforts, pride, and dedication given by the Hays High School Life Skills students to make Hays High School in Hays, Texas to become a better school.
- Shoplifting Among Students. El-Dirghami, Amin // Journal of Retailing;Fall74, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p33
Shoplifting among students has reached a point where more efforts should be directed toward dealing with it. The article is an attempt to answer these questions: What is the magnitude of shoplifting among high school and college students? What is the attitude of shoplifters toward shoplifting?...