- CONVENTIONAL WISDOM. // Newsweek;1/25/2010, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p11
The article briefly comments on assorted current events. U.S. President Barack Obama's response to an earthquake in Haiti was quick and forceful. Senator Harry Reid found it necessary to apologize for using the word "negro" in a way deemed offensive by some. Former Republican vice-presidential...
- Perspectives. // Newsweek;1/25/2010, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p12
Quotations are presented from several people including musician Richard Morse on the number of bodies he saw in Haiti after an earthquake there, U.S. Senator John McCain on whether his 2008 presidential campaign adequately evaluated Sarah Pain before choosing her as his running mate, and U.S....
- Your Turn: Bush Clinton Obama Haiti. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;1/16/2010, p1
A photograph of U.S. President Barack Obama and former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush announcing plans for a Haiti earthquake relief fund, is presented.
- Statement on the Earthquake in Haiti. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/12/2010, p1
The article presents a statement issued by U.S. President Barack Obama on January 12, 2010, on the earthquake in Haiti.
- Remember the Time: 2010, Passing from 2010 into 2011. Simmonds, Yussef J. // Jackson Advocate;1/6/2011, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p3A
The article reflects on the important events in 2010 including the devastating earthquake in Haiti, the success of the healthcare bill and financial reform bill of U.S. President Barack Obama and the announcement of Oprah Winfrey to quit as the queen of talk shows.
- Obama Donates Nobel Prize Money to Haitian Relief Efforts. // Tennessee Tribune;3/18/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1A
The article informs that U.S. President Barack Obama has awarded his Nobel Prize award money of 1.4 million U.S. dollars to ten different organizations including the United Negro College Fund (UNCF), the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund and the Fisher House for helping Haiti earthquake victims.
- Obama Acknowledges Hindu, Sikh Contributions. // India -- West;2/12/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 12, pB24
The article informs that U.S. President Barack Obama has acknowledged the Hindu and Sikh community in Haiti for their contributions in reflecting the compassion and decency of the American people after the destructive earthquake which took place in the country in January 2010.
- Is that the truth or did you see it on Fox? Williams, Chris // Green Left Weekly;2/3/2010, Issue 824, p3
The article focuses on the report published in the "Green Left Weekly" (GLW) in the January 13, 2011 issue, which opposed the report aired by the U.S. network Fox News, owned by Rupert Murdoch, regarding its claim that while the U.S. leads the international relief in Haiti, Cuba was absent from...
- THE FOX NEWS SHOW. Rundle, Guy // Monthly: Australian Politics, Society & Culture;Mar2011, Issue 65, p36
An essay is presented on the political actions of Fox News commentators Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck in the U.S. The author mentions that Palin and Beck benefited from the new conservative environment created by Fox News in wake of President Barack Obama's 2008 election victory. He notes that the...