New drug and biological product approvals, 2009
- HPV vaccine okayed for men. Syms, Shawn // Xtra (Toronto);3/11/2010, Issue 662, p10
The article reports on the approval of the use of a human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine called gardasil for men by Health Canada on February 23, 2010.
- New Vaccine Approved for Older Adults. // Journal of Gerontological Nursing;Oct2011, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on a 2011 decision which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration made to approve the vaccine Boostrix in adults aged 65 and older for immunization against tetanus, diptheria and pertussis.
- Fluarix for children. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Dec2009, Vol. 25 Issue 12, pA34
The article reports on the approval of Fluarix, a trivalent inactivated split virus influenza vaccine, for use in children 3-17 years of age.
- FDA approves 2010-2011 influenza vaccines; offers updates on Afluria. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Sep2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p24
The article focuses on the approval of seasonal influenza vaccines for 2010-2011 in the U.S. announced by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the labeling changes done for Afluria to inform health care providers regarding increased rates of fever and febrile seizure in young children.
- VACCINES APPROVED FOR INVASIVE PNEUMOCOCCAL DISEASE AND MENINGOCOCCAL DISEASE. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Apr2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in April 2010 of Pfizer's pneumococcal 13-valent conjugate vaccine.
- NICE to look again at basis for approving oseltamivir. Kmietowicz, Zosia // BMJ: British Medical Journal;12/15/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7887, p2
The article reports that Michael Rawlins, chairman of the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and Fiona Godlee, editor in chief of the British Medical Journal (BMJ) exchanged letters on approval of drug oseltamivir (Tamiflu), antiviral drug.
- Withdraw approval for Tamiflu until NICE has full data. Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal;12/15/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7887, p27
The article discusses National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and author also asks various questions that confused her. It also discussed data given by NICE regarding Tamiflu and complains that apart from Roche no one was shown the data and that Roche claimed in Europe that...
- We will look again at NICE appraisal of Tamiflu. Rawlins, Michael // BMJ: British Medical Journal;12/15/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7887, p28
The author discusses that as being with NICE, they will again look upon an appraisal of Tamiflu. He also discusses that any success is a result of the commitment and expertise of the staff and the support from the BMJ. The author states that he is not sure what additional measures the company...
- Rotavirus oral vaccine administration errors are rare. // Reactions Weekly;Mar2014, Vol. 1490 Issue 1, p3
The article reports that the U.S. has approved two live rotavirus oral vaccines, RotaTeq and Rotarix, for prophylaxis against rotavirus gastroenteritis.