- Antitrust American Style. Gibeaut, John // ABA Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p54
Provides information on antitrust litigation. Details of the case F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. v. Empagram SA; Threats posed by the globalization of antitrust; Criticism on U.S.-style civil antitrust litigation.
- briefly. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;12/28/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p4
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including a lawsuit filed by OfficeMax North America Inc. against Walter Skrobak, a former security guard, the plan of Lexus to launch the LF-LC 2+2 sport coupe, and a statement of Microsoft Corp., mentioning that Utah jury will not render any damages.
- UPDATE. // Education Week;4/3/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 28, p3
The article provides news briefs related to education in the U.S. The teachers will hold classes in weekends and early summer to make up for the three and a half weeks time lost during teacher strikes in Mississippi. It also reports on the lawsuit filed by the National Association for the...
- In the Federal Courts More Recent Cases Addressing Medical Care. Miller, Rod; Walter, Donald J. // American Jails;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p98
The article offers news briefs related to federal court lawsuits concerning medical care for inmates in the U.S. In Baylis v. Taylor, an inmate sued various defendants who allegedly deliberate indifference to his serious medical needs. The district court granted the moved for dismissal filed by...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Dec2009, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p3
The article offers court case-related news briefs in the U.S. Kimberly Lonergan was pregnant and was promised of a leave of absence by her employer Cargo Tech, however, she was fired after taking the leave, thus, the court decided that the case should go to trial. On the other hand, Bonnie Shinn...
- CAPITAL BRIEFS. // Navajo Times;10/21/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 42, pA.2
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the call for Congress to quickly approve the settlement of the Individual Indian Trust Case, a last minute visit received by the Navajo Nation Human Rights Commission, and the meeting of the Navajo Nation Council.
- NOTEBOOK. // New Republic;6/5/95, Vol. 212 Issue 23, p11
Presents news briefs on several issues including lawsuits, universities and business in the U.S. as of June 1995. Reason Loving Care Learning Center in Ogletown, Delaware lost its license; Objective of tariffs on Japanese automobiles; Facts of the lawsuit filed by inmate Lee Brock against himself.
- State Rules. // Pollution Engineering;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p66
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. California joined 11 other states in a lawsuit against the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) over the December 2006 regulations suit. In Kansas, the Department of Agriculture in amending the state's pesticide regulations. In New York, the...
- State/Church Bulletin. // Freethought Today;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p19
The article offers news briefs from the U.S. It mentions that the 5th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals rejected Texas Education Agency's employee Christina Castillo Comer suit who challenged the neutrality policy of the agency. A lawsuit has been filed against the security guards of the Six Flags...