Pediatric cancer chemotherapy formulations remain elusive
- Varubi (Rolapitant) Approved for the Prevention of Delayed-Onset Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting. Raedler, Lisa A. // Journal of Hematology Oncology Pharmacy;2016Specialissue, Vol. 6, p94
The article provides information approval of Varubi (Rolapitant), a medication to prevent delayed chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV), by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Further Action on Petition to FDA on Pediatric Rule. // Consumer Comments;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
Provides information on the petition filed with the United States Food and Drug Administration, regarding the Pediatric Rule, which governs the labeling of drugs for children.
- FDA in a quandary over Pediatric Rule. Dove, Alan // Nature Medicine;Jun2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p541
Informs that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reversed its decision to suspend a rule requiring pediatric trials of new drugs. Possible reason behind the reversal of its decision by the FDA; Details of the Pediatric Rule established by the FDA in 1997; Information on a court case...
- Maxipime approved for pediatric patients. // Dermatology Times;Mar1999, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p3
Reports that in 1999 the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Maxipime, an injection for pediatric patients ages two months to 16 years for various illnesses including urinary tract infections.
- Erratum to: Effects of the enteral administration of Bifidobacterium breve on patients undergoing chemotherapy for pediatric malignancies. Wada, Mariko; Nagata, Satoru; Saito, Masahiro; Shimizu, Toshiaki; Yamashiro, Yuichiro; Matsuki, Takahiro; Asahara, Takashi; Nomoto, Koji // Supportive Care in Cancer;Sep2010, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p1235
No abstract available.
- FDA to adopt new pediatric suicidality warning for antidepressant labelling. // Formulary;Oct2004, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p478
This article reports that the analysis of independently reviewed pediatric suicidality data for antidepressants by the U.S. Food and Drug Adminsitration (FDA) was discussed on September 13 and 14 at a joint meeting of the Psychopharmacologic Drugs and Pediatric Advisory committees. The...
- FDA's Rule Challenged. // Consumer Comments;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p1
Provides information on the Citizen's Petition filed against the United States Food and Drug Administration's `Pediatric Rule.'
- Black Box Slows Antidepressant Prescriptions. Stong, Colby // Neuropsychiatry Reviews;Aug2007, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the results of a study regarding the impact of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) black box directive on the prescribing beliefs of community-based practitioners. According to the survey, more than 40% of pediatric clinicians say that the warning accompanying...
- POISON In Our Vaccines: INVESTIGATING MERCURY, THIMEROSAL, AND NEURODEVELOPMENTAL DELAY. Redwood, L Y N // Mothering;Nov2002, Issue 115, p36
Discusses the possible occurrence of autism in children due to the use of Thimerosal as a preservative in the U.S. Composition and toxicity of thimerosal; Approval of thimerosal as a preservative by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Rise in the occurrence of autism; Investigations in the...