Multihospital collaborative orientation program for new pharmacy employees
- Second thoughts. Percial, Jennifer // Nursing Standard;1/19/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p24
This article presents the experience of a nurse during final placement before completing her adult nursing training. She realised it was the shortage of staff that made it difficult, but she had witnessed newly qualified nurses being criticised for their lack of practical skills and felt she was...
- TRAINING FOR MIDDLE MANAGERS: A MODEL AND A FIELD EXPERIMENTAL STUDY. Jain, Harish C. // Academy of Management Proceedings (00650668);1975, p19
The critical elements of a model for training middle managers are outlined. It is suggested that (1) the effectiveness of training programs in business and industry depends to a large extent on a careful analysis of the propane's objectives, design, and evaluation, and that (2) these three...
- Learning That Counts. Caudron, Shari // Workforce;Oct2001 Supplement, Vol. 80, p94
Presents a guideline for an effective employee training program. Alignment of training objectives with business strategy; Influence of corporate culture on training programs; Identification of the expected business results.
- Training policy/employee development. // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p5
Presents various reports on the training policy and employee development. Abolishment of the House of Commons employment select committee; Individuals selected to set sector-specific training targets; Shift leaders at the West Yorkshire fire service to be trained in stress management.
- Practice makes perfect. Cannell, Mike // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p26
Discusses how the on-the-job training (OJT) in companies can be effective. Definition and process of OJT; OJT practice in McDonald's Restaurants; How OJT is conducted at Barclays Life Assurance and Ryder; How the on-the-job trainers help Ilford to achieve the International Standard Organization...
- Essential elements of inservice training in positive behavior support. Dunlap; Hieneman, Glen // Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions;Winter2000, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p22
Details the essential elements of inservice training in resolving serious behavioral problems of employees. Outline of a core curriculum for inservice training; Description of a national exemplar of comprehensive inservice training; Essential features of a training that are needed for the...
- MEDIA CHALLENGES OF THE '80s. Thomas, Willard // Training & Development Journal;Dec79, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p16
Examines developments in employee training during the 1980s. Electronic and technological developments related to professional training; Challenges presented by the developments; Steps that should be taken by training departments to keep up with the developments.
- FINDING THE BOTTOM-LINE PAYOFF FOR TRAINING. Nickols, Frederick W. // Training & Development Journal;Dec79, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p54
Focuses on the financial and operational benefits provided by training programs to organizations. Factors that should be considered by companies in designing training programs; Significance of evaluation and analysis in designing a beneficial training program.
- 'THE 'WARP' IN THE WAY WE PERCEIVE OUR LIFE IN THE WORLD OF WORK' Bolles, Richard // Training & Development Journal;Nov81, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the importance of wisdom in the training profession. Needs of the industry; Adult worker as learner; Nature of career development.