Crux of drug compatibility and incompatibility
- Analytical Approaches for Assaying Metallodrugs in Biological Samples: Recent Methodological Developments and Future Trends. Timerbaev, Andrei; Stürup, Stefan // Current Drug Metabolism;Mar2012, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p272
Contemporary medicine increasingly relies on metal-based drugs and correspondingly growing in importance is the monitoring of the drugs and their metabolites in biological samples. Over the last decade, a range of analytical techniques have been developed in order to improve administration...
- Counseling patients on anticoagulation. Tanzi, Maria G. // Pharmacy Today;Oct2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p21
The article offers information on handling patients about anticoagulation. It notes on the importance of understanding to the benefits and risks regarding the prescribed therapy for patients with medications of anticoagulants including warfarin and low-molecular weight heparin (LMWH). Moreover,...
- endogenous. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p226
This article defines the medical term endogenous. It means produced within the body. Some agents though released endogenously, may be administered exogenously as drugs.
- Comparative study of two portable systems for oral anticoagulant monitoring. Vacas, Marta; Lafuente, Pedro José; Unanue, Iciar; Iriarte, José Antonio // Hematology Journal;2004, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p35
Portable prothrombin time (PT) monitors offer the potential for both simplifying and improving oral anticoagulation management. It is necessary to evaluate their concordance and correlation with other PT systems. Our objective was to evaluate the concordance and clinical correlation of two...
- Vancomycin administration: the impact of multidisciplinary interventions. Crowley, R. K.; Fitzpatrick, F.; Solanki, D; FitzGerald, S.; Humphreys, H.; Smyth, E. G. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Oct2007, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p1155
Background: The clinical microbiology team observed that patients were not receiving all prescribed doses vancomycin. Ward staff was confused about ordering and interpreting vancomycin therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM)levels. Aim: To audit the incidence of vancomycin dose omission. To implement...
- Vorinostat: A Novel Anti Cancer Drug. Bisht, Manisha; Bisht, S. S. // JK Science;Jul-Sep2009, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p157
The article explores the medical concept and clinical content of Vorinostat, a suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid. It has been highlighted that Vorinostat is the first drug in the new class approved for the treatment of cutaneous manifestations in patients with cutaneous T cell lymphoma (CTCL)....
- Postmarketing surveillance of adverse drug reactions in general practice. Inman, William H.W. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/11/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6271, p1216
Part II. Focuses on the prescription-event monitoring scheme in general practice developed by the drug surveillance research unit at the University of Southampton in England. Establishment of the research unit; Comparison between the test and control drug; Advantages of event reporting;...
- Drug monitoring in general practice. Skegg, D.C.G. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/30/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6350, p1245
Focuses on drug monitoring in general practice in Great Britain. Problems experience in drug monitoring; Drug prescribing practices of physicians; Methods in drug monitoring.
- CVC: Drug monitoring is key issue for veterinarians. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Oct2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p14
The article emphasizes the importance of monitoring drugs for veterinarians.