- Combat Fleets. Baker III, A.D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec99, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p90
Describes combat ships from different countries. Includes the Saettia ship from Italy; Aditya from India; French Navy's Bougainville.
- Saving Titanic. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/16/2000, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the plan to preserve Titanic, the ship which sank in 1912.
- Carnival Victory. Mink, Randy; Mink, Karen // Cruise Travel;May/Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p18
Features the Carnival Victory ship. Design; Services; Accommodations; Destination.
- Saratoga's swan song. Stephens, Kevin // All Hands;Sep94, Issue 929, p4
Features the farewell cruise of the 38-year-old aircraft carrier USS Saratoga (CV 60). Decommissioning in August 1994.
- Fleet-friendly. Mooney, Ray // All Hands;Nov94, Issue 931, p6
Features the Arleigh Burke class destroyer USS John Paul Jones (DDG 53) and its crew. Electronic capabilities; Importance of manning the central control station.
- The USS Wasp. Dorsey, Jack; Joyce, Dennis // All Hands;Nov94, Issue 931, p18
Features the USS Wasp, the United States Navy assault ship from Norfolk. Specifications; Availability of radars; Landing craft air cushion; Helicopters on board; Capabilities.
- Plankowners: Do you have what it takes? Navaroli, Randy // All Hands;Nov94, Issue 931, p21
Focuses on the crew of USS McCain (DDG 56) on a precommissioning assignment. Disciplining into a fighting unit; Intensive inspection and certification process; Rewards of bringing a ship into life.
- Business as usual. Cumberledge, Steven; Albright, John // All Hands;Nov94, Issue 931, p26
Reports on the dry docking of USS Thomas S. Gates (CG 51) handled by Sustain, the largest floating drydock of the US Navy on the East Coast. Preparations to receive the ship; Custom-building of each particular ship.
- USS Supply: Customer service in action. Gowan, Matthew; Schmidt, David // All Hands;May95, Issue 937, p18
Features the crew of the USS Supply. Commitment to customer service; Ship's store; Photographs highlighting the activities of the crew; Computer systems in the ship. INSET: USS Supply carries the torch..
- Would you believe...? // All Hands;May95, Issue 937, p21
Provides trivial information concerning the USS Supply. Amount of food Supply carries for its crew; Payroll; Ship's annual store sales; Average of Supply's crew.