Bio-fouling risks soon to impact on hull maintenance
- BEATING BACK MARINE GROWTH. TEMPLE, JOHN // Sea Magazine;Jun2012, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p17
The article provides an answer to question regarding the problem of removing marine growth on the boat's hull at the waterline.
- Rosin based anti-fouling paint. Prakash, Kavita; Panda, Rakshinda; Panda, Himadri; Panda, Arundhati // Paintindia;Jan2012, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p57
Biofouling on ship hulls is prevented by the use of antifouling (A/F) paints. Typically, sea water soluble rosin or rosinderivatives are used as the primary means of adjusting the polishing rate of the current chemically active self-polishing paint systems to a suitable value. This study seeks...
- Self-polishing anti-fouling marine coatings. Mendon, Dhanalaxmi // Paintindia;Sep2014, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p61
Bio-fouling on ship hulls is prevented by the use of antifouling paints. Anti-fouling has various mechanisms of which self-polishing types is receiving a great deal of attention world wide. The progressive abandonment of TBT self-polishing technology all over the world has led to the necessity o...
- Dockwise loads 56,000 tonne St Malo platform. // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Mar2013, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the completion of the first float-on operation of the Dockwise Vanguard semi submersible heavy transport vessel (HTV) which involved loading the Jack and St. Malo platform hull in Geoje, South Korea.
- The Bottom Lines. Lund, Ted // Boating;Feb2011, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p18
A quiz about vessel parts such as hulls is presented.
- Hellenic Navy's Next Ships. Wilson, Jim; Coledan, Stefano // Popular Mechanics;Feb2000, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p16
Reports that Greece is seeking to modernize its naval ships by producing the Fast Attack Craft which uses technologically advanced steel-hulled ships.
- Hull Resistance Management in the New Era of Ship Energy Efficiency. Eliasson, Johnny // Journal of Protective Coatings & Linings;Nov2012, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on the importance of hull resistance to biofouling and management and the response of the industry and legislation involving ship energy efficiency. It states that appropriate hull coatings can control fouling settlement and maintaining a smooth hull, as well as reduce...
- Hull fouling on commercial ships as a vector of macroalgal introduction. Mineur, Frédéric; Johnson, Mark P.; Maggs, Christine A.; Stegenga, Herre // Marine Biology;Jun2007, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p1299
Hull fouling is thought to have been the vector of introduction for many algal species. We studied ships arriving at a Mediterranean harbour to clarify the present role of commercial cargo shipping in algal introductions. A total of 31 macroalgal taxa were identified from 22 sampled hulls. The...
- ASSESING THE CHANGE OF DRAG ACTING ON A SHIP WITH DIFFERENT DRAUGHT IN THE COURSE OF OPERATION. Zamfir, Aleksandrov; Rumen, Stoyanov // Journal of Marine Technology & Environment;2010, Vol. 2, p9
The purpose of this paper is to create a methodology for assessing the change of drag on a ship caused by the fouling of the hull and the increase of its roughness with different draught in the course of operation.