MARINE SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Hot melt makes a strong case for shippers. // Packaging Digest;Dec95, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p44
Focuses on a hot melt adhesive which have improved reshipping containers' ability to withstand the durability and integrity of the hot weather. Other benefits; Reasons for development; Observations from Tracey Jensen, National Starch marketing manager.
- Products. // Transportation & Distribution;Feb97, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p22
Presents products for use in the shipping industry as of February 1997. Includes the N30XMH turret truck by Hyster; Steel King's Stac King rack; Gemini 2 bar code label printer by Tharo Systems.
- Packed for Travel. CAULFIELD, JOHN // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Aug2012, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p32
The article describes the transportation system of modular home supplier Connect:Home in Los Angeles, California.
- Products. // Transportation & Distribution;Jun94, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p26
Presents equipment and supplies related to the transportation and distribution of commercial goods and services. IR thermometers; Desktop label printer; Automatic case depalletizing system; Transportation management software; Portable printer/data collector; Cooling equipment; Telescopic belt...
- Endurance counts in export packing. // Transportation & Distribution;Jun94, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p54
Discusses the packing done for a SolarCat racecar which was flown to Australia and returned to United States without damage. Importance of endurance in export packing; Burdens placed on packing materials by multiple customs inspections and repeated moves.
- How to manage shipping containers reponsibly. Anspach, Kenneth G.; Goldberg, Betty K. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p28
Comments on the management of shipping containers used for storage. Containers produced by modern technology; Development of container-management systems; Information on steel drums; Comments from Van Finger, president of Precision IBC company.
- Hand-held measuring device determines dimensional weight. // Automatic I.D. News;Feb96, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p57
Features the CubiCal Audit System that uses a hand-held measuring device to quickly measure dimensional weight for package shipping. Aid to freight handlers in auditing parcel weight and dimensions to plan for shipping space requirements; Other features of the system.
- Equipment supply tight. Burke, Jack // Traffic World;09/15/97, Vol. 251 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the tight supplies of equipment for intermodal shippers and carriers in the United States. Service problems of the Union Pacific Railroad; Issues with flatcars and train capacity.
- Work on Your Boat near Bocas. Jason, Ray // Cruising World;Apr2014, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on Bocas Yacht Services, a boatyard in Almirante where cruisers have access to craftsmen for maintenance, purchase shipping supplies and rooms for lease.