"Proud To Be Australian."
- Back to School: for Good. Collins, John // Arthritis Today;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p62
Points out the growing number of retirees heading back to school to live and study. Description of Lasell Village, a retirement community at Lasell College in Newton, Massachusetts; Details on some similar communities.
- A DEVELOPMENTAL RE-FORMING OF THE PHASES OF MEANING IN TRANSFORMATIONAL LEARNING. Erickson, Diane M. // Adult Education Quarterly;Nov2007, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p61
In this study of peer instructors in three Learning in Retirement Programs, the constructivist elements embedded in Mezirow's theory of transformational learning are examined at the theoretical intersections of transformational learning and developmental constructivism, specifically the work of...
- Succession Planning. Prziborowski, Steve // Fire Engineering;Aug2007, Vol. 160 Issue 8, p115
The article discusses succession planning with respect to ways to improve firefighting service after retirement. Fire service retirees are encouraged to get published in trade journals, become mentors, participate in local unions, and become advocates of safety. Continued education is also...
- Coming after u. Dillon, Thomas E. // Policy Review;Spring95, Issue 72, p39
Argues against the centralization of college accreditation. Author's experience leading the Thomas Aquinas College in California to protest the Western Association of Schools and Colleges' commitment to diversity; Suggestion on how to decentralize accreditation programs.
- 2008 GUIDE TO INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS. // Atlanta;Jan2008, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p68
The article lists the schools that are members of the Atlanta Area Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS) and are accredited through organizations such as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the Southern Association of Independent Schools, and the Georgia Accrediting...
- SHORT TREATMENTS. // Meridians;Winter2002, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p25
Reports on developments at Tai Sophia Institute in Maryland. Contribution of scientists Rustum Roy and Joie Jones to health care; Election of Tai Sophia's board of trustees; Acceptance of the Institute as candidate for accreditation by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States...
- KANSAS CITY SCHOOLS LOSE THEIR CERTIFICATION. Branch, Al // Curriculum Administrator;Jun2000, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the loss of certification and accreditation of member schools in the Kansas City, Missouri school district. Dissatisfaction of state education officials over the declining academic standards in area schools; Amount of funding lost by the district.
- Is accreditation worth the trouble? Holmberg, Selby // Education Week;06/04/97, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p32
Deals with independent school accrediting programs in the United States. Source of independence of an independent school; Self-study; Evaluation visit.
- Accredited Status Taking on Cachet In Charter Schools. Hendrie, Caroline // Education Week;10/23/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the confusion that arose when a charter school with the name Gateway Academy Charter School based in Fresno, California was stripped off its charter amid allegations of impropriety. Similarity of the charter school's name to Gateway High School in San Francisco; Announcement of an...