IOWA: Culver Lays Out Plans
- IOWA: University Bonding Boost. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32630, p9
The article reports on a legislation signed by Iowa Governor Chet Culver and passed by the General Assembly that gives additional $100 million bonding authorization to three of the state's public universities. The University of Iowa received approval to issue $36 million, Iowa State University...
- Chet Culver, Consultant. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/13/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33499, p7
The article offers information on the consulting firm formed by former Iowa Governor Chet Culver to promote insfrastructure development and renewable energy.
- IOWA TO CREATE CIO OFFICE AND EXPAND IT CONSOLIDATION. // Public CIO;Dec2010, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p43
The article reveals the executive order signed by Iowa Governor Chet Culver which aims to widen the cope of the state's technology consolidation and provide the chief information officer more authority on information technology (IT) strategy and spending.
- QUOTE/UNQUOTE. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/23/2009, Issue 1113, p26
The article presents quotes from different personalities in the U.S. including Shannon Minter, legal director of the National Center for Lesbian Rights, on California's Proposition 8 and Iowa's Governor Chet Culver agreeing with the Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage.
- Met, culpa, theya culpas. Hill, David // Hill;9/15/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 99, p14
The article reports on the author's thoughts about the admission to mistakes in governance of U.S. lawmakers Chet Culver and Jerry Brown.
- IOWA: Culver Taps Efficiency Firm. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/2/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33177, p9
The article reports that Iowa Governor Chet Culver is looking to Public Works of Philadelphia for its work to identify potential budget savings as the state faces a looming deficit in 2011. The state will pay the consultant with 300,000 dollars. Culver's administration has been working on a...
- IOWA: Time for a New Projection. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/7/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33196, p9
The article reports on the issuance of a new revenue projection by Iowa at the revenue estimating conference. It mentions that Governor Chet Culver will reduce spending to resolve the decline in revenue. It explains that the estimating conference acts as the state's official forecaster of...
- IOWA: Culver: We'll Do Alright. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/8/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32978, p9
The article reports on the economic condition of the state of Iowa according to its Governor Chet Culver. He claims that the state has finally recovered from the damages caused by devastating floods and tornadoes last 2007. He says that it has been able to retain its high credit marks and has...
- Iowa Gov. Culver to Offer $60 Million of Spending Cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/16/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33024, p19
The article focuses on the move of Iowa Governor Chet Culver in trimming public spending. Culver will outline measures aimed at trimming $60 million in spending to help erase about $100 million shortfall in the $6.2 billion fiscal 2009 budget. The move of the governor follows $40 million in...