- ENACTED STIGMA AND HIV RISK BEHAVIOURS AMONG SEXUAL MINORITY INDIGENOUS YOUTH IN CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AND THE UNITED STATES. Saewyc, Elizabeth; Barney, Lucy; Clark, Terryann; Brunanski, Dana; Homma, Yuko // Pimatisiwin: A Journal of Aboriginal & Indigenous Community Heal;2014, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p411
Enacted stigma has been linked to increased HIV risk behaviours among sexual minority youth, but despite higher rates of HIV and other STIs, there is very little research with Indigenous youth. In this study, secondary analyses of three population-based, school surveys were conducted to explore...
- Boots on the Ground. Rook, Erin // Just Out;7/2/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p12
The article reports on the series of initiatives to promote community safety by the Portland Police Bureau, community organizations and the City of Portland in Oregon. It mentions the collaboration between the police and the Q Center, an LGBT community. It cites the case of James "Birch"...
- Long Island GLBT center receives death, arson threats. // Empty Closet;Nov2014, Issue 484, p12
The article reports on the third letter containing death and arson threats received by Long Island GLBT Services Network chief executive officer (CEO) David Kilmnick, which comes after the first and second threat came in June 2013 and June 2014 threatening the safety of the LI Pride Parade.
- Paradoxes in the Management of Suicidality in Borderline Patients. Stone, Michael H. // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Spring1993, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p255
Points out that though the suicide rate is high, two thirds of all borderline patients tend to function well ten to twenty-five years after the initial assessment. Risk of suicide in patients with borderline personality; Challenges to therapists of borderline patients; Open versus closed units...
- YPC member attacked. WORLEY, SAMUEL // Windy City Times;11/25/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on an attack against a member of the South Side LGBT organization Youth Pride Center (YPC) in Chicago, Illinois, in November 2009.
- Irish president condemns anti-gay bullying. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/13/2008, Issue 1090, p20
The article reports on the statement of Irish President Mary McAleese at a LGBT youth forum in Galway, Ireland on October 30, 2008, disapproving anti-gay bullying in the country.
- Guatemalan gay event bombed with tear gas. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/13/2008, Issue 1090, p20
The article reports on the tear gas bombing of a LGBT event in Samayac, Guatemala on October 18, 2008.
- Activists host Matthew Shepard vigil, walk. Braatz, Rick // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/15/2009, Issue 1138, p10
The article reports on a vigil and walk launched from The Ruby Kitchen in Hillcrest, California, which commemorate the victims of hate violence.
- Toronto cold cases. Dubro, James // Xtra (Toronto);10/20/2011, Issue 704, p14
The article reports on the continuous increase in the number of unsolved gay-related hate crimes in Toronto, Ontario from 2008 to 2011.