THIS SPACE AVAILABLE
- Town center slated for Lancaster, Pa. // Value Retail News;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p27
The article reports the opening of Granite Town Center shopping center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in fall 2009. This 190,000-square-foot (sf) project will reportedly be anchored by a dominant sporting goods retailer and tenanted by national and local retailers, service tenants, and cafes. The...
- HOW STRATEGIC PHILANTHROPY CAN WORK FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Petersen, Betsy // Q!;Fall2009, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p9
The article discusses the impact of strategic and planned philanthropy on the success of a business enterprise. It states that customers are likely to patronize businesses that align with their values and market their businesses through good deeds including financial and in-kind donations,...
- Joining the Party. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jun2008, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the impact of tailgating trend on the sporting goods industry. It notes that the growing number of college and professional football fans is making tailgating trend sensational to the extent that companies are improving their products and services for the sports fans. It...
- TRAFFIC PATTERNS. // Retail Traffic;Oct2005, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
Provides statistical data concerning retail stores in the United States as of October 2005. Impact of gas prices on consumer spending; Sporting goods and exercise equipment store migration; Ranking of shopping centers in San Francisco Bay Area, California; Percent of grocery stores' sales among...
- The Neighborhood Place. Salgado, Brian // Retail Merchandiser;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p72
The article features Hibbett Sports, which is expanding its presence in the U.S. in 2013 while remaining as the neighborhood sporting goods store. Hibbett Sports vice president of real estate Jeff Gray explained their efforts to take the concept of local sporting goods store to the next level....
- Industry Icons. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p14
The article presents quotes about how the sporting goods industry has changed from 1968-2008, from Mitchell Modell of Modell's Sporting Goods store, Julie Nimmons, chairwoman at Schutt Sports store, and Jerry Turner of Brooks Sports store.
- Game, Set, Match... Pallerino, Michael // SGB;May/Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one related to leading retailers in sporting goods, one related to leading executives with innovative sporting products and strategies, and one related to executives growing in the sporting goods industry.
- 2011 CATEGORY LISTINGS. // SGB;2011 Outdoor Business Retailer, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p51
A list of sporting goods and service providers, based on their categories, is presented, which includes, Hour Energy for accessories, Alps Sportswear for apparel, and CAM Commerce Solutions for retail service.
- What's hot in sporting goods. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p49
Reports on the financial performance of the sporting goods industry in the United States in 1995. Leading sporting activity; Sales of different sporting goods categories; Includes sales for walking and jogging shoes; Top ten sports activities; Includes walking, swimming and biking.