A Time for Rebirth and New Energy
- WHAT BRANDS, INNOVATIONS, OR TRENDS DO YOU THINK GALVANIZED AND RESHAPED THE SPORTING GOODS INDUSTRY OVER THE PAST DECADE? // SGB;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p20
The article presents various perspectives of what brands, innovations or trends that reshaped the sporting goods industry in the U.S. One views that Under Armour Inc. has made the biggest impact on the business. One thinks that growth of women-only brands has spurred the significant revenue...
- THE SGB QUESTION. // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p32
The article provides several answers to a question on how the trends toward more fill-in and at-once orders, and pushing back futures will affect the sporting goods industry in 2009.
- Innovations in sporting goods spreads hope through industry. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;2/5/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the implication of the new products displayed at the 2001 Super Show on the projected growth rate of the sporting goods industry in the United States. Sports products displayed at the show; Role of the retail stores in marketing the sports products; Importance of the participation of...
- SPORTS MATERIALS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Oct2005, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p22
Introduces several innovative products for sports in the U.S. Description of the polycarbonate helmet from Bayer MaterialScience LLC; Features of the magnesium bicycle from Keronite Inc.; Physical features of the polypropylene glove from Cutters Glove.
- NEW PRODUCTS. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p20
The article introduces new products in the sporting goods industry in the U.S. It includes T7-0 treadmill from Lite Fitness, micro-compact 8-power binocular from Konus Optical & Sports System, H1950 Bob Feller 1636 JC Higgins baseball glove, Holloway's performance wear pullover, and GreatLITE's...
- retail IQ. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p61
A quiz related to sporting goods retailing is presented.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p25
Details retail developments related to the sporting goods industry as of February 17, 1997. Includes the closure of 50 Oshman's Sporting Goods stores; Merger of Las Vegas Discount Golf with Saint Andrews Golf; Home Team Advantage specialty store's opening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;6/8/98, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p25
Reports on developments concerning sporting goods retailers in the United States as of June 8, 1998. Includes Sunny's Great Outdoors Inc.'s plans to double the number of its stores; Bass Pro Shops' sponsorship of a automobile racing team; JumboSports' intentions to open an additional store in...
- Sports Authority KOs competition, but contenders are still in the ring. // Discount Store News;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p74
Lists the top sporting good retailers in the United States based on sales in 1995. Sports Authority Inc., Sports and Recreation and Sportmart as the top three chains; Number of stores as of January 1996; Average store size; Comparison with 1994. INSET: Outlook..