Councils criticised over lack of apprenticeships
- CRASH COURSE IN... HIRING AN APPRENTICE. // Management Today;Jun2010, p24
The article offers suggestions for hiring an apprentice, such as taking control, recruiting for attitude, and being responsible to employ the apprentice at the end of the training.
- Rapid Response. Nowak, Tom; Cain, Brigit; Small, Matt; Schoomer, Lucinda // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p39
Presents responses to questions regarding hiring of employees. Qualifications for employment; Importance of experience in handling real-life situations; Significance of education as foundation for knowledge.
- Recruiting-Event fÃ¼r Einsteiger und Eltern. Maurer, Bettina // Textilwirtschaft;6/21/2012, Issue 25, p138
The article announces that clothing chains P&C DÃ¼sseldorf is attracting apprentices with a new event concept.
- RETAIL. // Personnel Today;Jun2004 Supp Recruitment, p30
The article reports that the continuing expansion of some of Great Britain's biggest retail businesses means that during the first quarter of 2004, newspapers were filled with reports of retail job creation. In March, Thomas Cook launched one of its biggest-ever recruitment drives to find 400...
- Teens take to the industry. Shiers, Will // Motor Transport;11/20/2003, p11
Reports on the success of a DaimlerChrysler apprentice recruitment program in Great Britain. Problem concerning the lack of skilled technicians in the automobile industry; Features of the recruitment program; Benefits of the recruitment program.
- Industry must act now or face recruitment crisis. Darcy, John // Contract Journal;8/29/2007, Vol. 439 Issue 6640, p20
The article reports that an emergency plea has gone out to contractors for more apprentice site placements as the industry faces one of its most difficult employer recruitment years ever. The call by ConstructionSkills comes four weeks before the start of the new college year and with training...
- Waiting in the Wings. Barthold, Jim // HR Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p88
Focuses on the significance of providing opportunities to disabled students in enhancing diversity recruitment and offsetting labor shortages. Concerns on recruiting and hiring students with disabilities; Lack of early work experience among students with disabilities; Strategies used by the...
- Ageism less rife in industrial recruitment. // Professional Engineering;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p11
Reports that skills and experience are the main considerations driving recruitment and retention in the manufacturing sector in Great Britain. Need to maintain a balanced workforce and to avoid large numbers of retirements; Use of length of service to determine entitlement to various...
- How brands are hiring apprentices. Cuddeford-Jones, Morag // Marketing Week;4/3/2014, p2
The article discusses trends in the hiring of apprentices at marketing organizations in Great Britain as of April 2014. Topics include National Apprenticeship Week, apprenticeships as a means of recruiting talent, differences between interns and apprentices, the training of apprentices, and the...