How do we keep women after maternity leave?
- Female Career Progression & Maternity Leave: An Irish Exploration. O'Connor, Collette; Wright, Angela // Business & Economic Research (BER);Jun2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p322
The persistent existence of the 'gender pay gap' in organisations, and the lack of females at executive level position in Ireland due to motherhood is the context for this paper. In particular, this study seeks to investigate why women's careers are impacted by childbearing. The study...
- Keep everything under control. // British Baker;4/22/2011, Special section p3
The article focuses on informing employee on maternity leave about her expected return date.
- HR career issues...?covering a senior role. // Personnel Today;6/16/2009, p5
The article presents the answer to a question in which the questioner asks about going back to her old job or look for something new, while she has just covered her HR director's maternity leave.
- Great expectations. // Personnel Today;10/4/2005, p25
Presents a quiz for HR professionals to test whether they can administer maternity rights.
- Ways of keeping mum. Sparrow, Stephanie // Personnel Today;1/17/2006, p46
The article reports that several employers are providing coaching to their senior women employees during maternity leave to retain them. Maternity coaching helps women employees to position themselves correctly when they return to their jobs. Women make up 50 percent of the graduate intake for...
- The Mailbag. Fox, Michael W. // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;Sep2015, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employees, which include the accommodation for an employees returning from maternity leave who request for a room designated for breast milk pumping and payment for interns in a dental office.
- In workplace, a shift toward leave for mothers. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;12/5/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p3
Examines the question of whether the United States government should offer paid maternity leave time to female employees.
- Family-friendly France? Heron, Alex // Family Matters;Winter2002, Issue 62, p46
The article presents information on the family life in France. The reconciliation of work and family life is as important an issue in France as it is in Australia and the announcement of another annual increase in the birth rate to 1.9 has been hailed as showing how successful French strategies...
- Managing Your Emotions After Maternity Leave. Pearl, Hilary // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;8/19/2014, p2
The article offers tips for working women on how to effectively manage their emotions, particularly stress, when returning to work after their maternity leave, which include familiarizing with typical post-partum emotions and getting the support and kindness from trusted friends.