Believing in creativity can make it happen
- Creative Talent. Levesque, Lynne C. // Executive Excellence;Sep2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p15
Presents eight creative talents of employees to improve corporate creativity. Discovery of practical responses to problems; Evaluation of team member talents; Challenges to work performance.
- Tapping employee creativity. McShulskis, Elaine // HR Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p23
Reports on the survey about employees creativity on how to make their companies more successful. Percentage of employees that has plans on how to run their companies and make it more successful; Implication of the survey result.
- Don't just sit there thinking. Do something! Buggle, Frederick D. // Management Review;May81, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p33
Focuses on the need for employees to be creative and innovative. Stimulation of creativity by managers by giving workers time to think about responsibility and deadlines; Minimization of distractions for more concentration on generating new ideas.
- Inventive Minds, Groundbreaking Finds. Marques, Joan // Journal for Quality & Participation;Oct2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p29
The article discusses the personal and organizational attributes necessary to achieve professional creativity. Topics discussed include the critical components among people that support their ability and willingness to think creatively and the factors that every organization should know in order...
- Creativity Counts. // T+D;Nov2007, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p17
The article reports on a survey on creativity in the workplace in the U.S. Results revealed that despite the 88% of the respondents who claim their creativity, only 63% admit that creativity in the workplace is attributed to their positions, while 61% believe that such creativity comes from...
- Mediation Role of Employee Engagement in Creative Work Process on the Relationship of Transformational Leadership and Employee Creativity. Haq, Inam Ul; Ali, Ahmad; Azeem, Muhammad Umer; Hijazi, Syed Tahir; Qurashi, Tahir Masood; Quyyum, Abdul // European Journal of Economics, Finance & Administrative Sciences;Oct2010, Issue 25, p94
This paper tapped the relationship of transformational leadership with employee creativity. Further investigation were undertaken to explore the mediating role of employee intention to engage himself into creative work process on the relationship of transformational leadership and employee...
- Why You Should Avoid "Yes" People. Driscoll, Suzanne // Managing People at Work;Aug2012, Issue 365, p5
The article provides strategies for transforming one's team into independent thinkers in the workplace. These include rewarding the right employee, changing yes people into creative ones and being aware of workers who make false promises. It also notes to repay publicly those who propose better...
- Are You Worth Cloning? Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Oct2003, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on the desirable qualities of employees searched by employers. Importance of having a good work ethic; Characteristics of a team player; Integration of creativity into the job.
- Brainstorming: Killing creativity? CARLSON, COLETTE // Administrative Professional Today;Jun2013, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p7
The article offers the author's view on brainstorming as a killer of creativity. She mentions a research which indicated the exceedance of individual employees over teams. She also notes professor Leigh Thompson as well as her ways of boosting creativity through brainwriting, speed-storming and...