Casualties of war
- Behaving differently. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;11/19/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p3
The author reflects on various issues related to people management. He reveals the arguments of commentators that the cause of the global financial crisis resulted from the obsession of the corporate culture with growth, dividends and bonuses. He argues that bonuses is one of the most effective...
- HR can take the lead in discouraging risk. Harrington, Siân // Human Resources (09648380);Sep2009, p4
The author reflects on the move of banks to postpone the bonuses of their employees to cover the losses in Great Britain. She believes that banks are cutting bonuses and are engaging in layoffs because of the global financial crisis. She added that the poor performance of banks is also caused by...
- Together We Can. Cohen, Erika; Mowry, Matthew J. // Business NH Magazine;Dec2009, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p38
The article discusses the significant role of employees in making their companies a success despite the economic crisis in New Hampshire. It shows how companies included in the list of the 2009 Best Companies to Work For competition value and manage their employees. Moreover, it cites the...
- Clark-Mortensen Agency. // Business NH Magazine;Dec2009, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p42
The article presents a corporate profile for Clark-Mortensen Agency Inc., an independently owned insurance agency in Keene, New Hampshire. The company, which remains strong despite the economic crisis, allows employees to contribute to company decisions. Moreover, it offers several employee...
- La retribuciÃ³n variable es clave en Ã©poca de crisis. // Capital Humano;Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 228, p17
The article offers advice, in the context of the global financial crisis, to companies on simultaneously containing costs and retaining employees through adjusting flexible compensation packages. Human resources firm Hudson recommends that companies audit compensation costs, evaluate the...
- RSE PARA UN MUNDO POSIBLE. Fernández López, Lucio // Capital Humano;apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 286, p10
No abstract available.
- Outsourcing de RR.HH. para reducir costes en tiempos de crisis. // Capital Humano;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 226, p137
No abstract available.
- HR career issues... post-recession skills. Stacey, Jennifer; Maxted, John // Personnel Today;1/12/2010, p16
The article provides answers to a question on the skills required in a human resource (HR) executive during current slowdown.
- La crisis impulsa el outsourcing de RR.HH. // Capital Humano;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 230, p15
The article reports that organizations are increasingly outsourcing their human resources functions as they concentrate on their core business in the face of the global financial crisis.