- Eye exam each decade 'should be compulsory.'. // Optometry Today;10/14/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 20, p14
The article focuses on the report issued by the European Parliament which proposes compulsory eye examinations for all drivers every 10 years.
- Plea for sentencing laws to be revised. Harrington, John // Morning Advertiser;10/28/2010, Issue 516, p7
The article report on the call of National Pubwatch for the enforcement of sentencing laws to people who assault licensees, pub staff or doorstaff.
- Put Down That Phone! Gates, David // Newsweek;6/20/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 25, p73
Highlights the arrest of actor Russell Crowe for assault after he threw a telephone a Mercer Hotel employee Nestor Estrada in New York City. Details of the incident, in which Crowe allegedly threw a telephone at Estrada, wounding his face; Comments of Crowe's spokesperson on the incident;...
- Turkish gang leader avoids punishment in guard beating, probe launched. Saymaz, Ýsmail // Journal of Turkish Weekly;12/15/2015, p116
The article reports on an investigation which found that Turkish mafia leader Alaattin Ã‡akÃ½cÃ½ received no punishment after beating two prison officials. The Prison Discipline Board decided not to impose punishment against the mafia leader. The Ministry of Justice took action after...
- Psychiatric Patient Assault and Staff Victim Gender: Fifteen-year Analysis of the Assaulted Staff Action Program (ASAP). Flannery, Raymond B.; Marks, Louise; Laudani, Lisa; Walker, Andrew P. // Psychiatric Quarterly;Summer2007, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p83
Extensive, largely cross-sectional research has documented the continued occurrence of patient assaults on male and female staff. Different studies report either male or female staff to be at highest risk. Studies of same/different gender assaults which might more fully answer this question have...
- Driving, glaucoma, and the law. Potamitis, T.; Aggarwal, R.K.; Tsaloumas, M.; Rene, C.; McLaughlin, J.; O'Neill, E. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/22/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6961, p1057
Assesses the awareness of drivers on the legal obligation of reporting glaucoma and other eye diseases in the Vehicle and Licensing Agency in Great Britain. Consequences on the failure of drivers to report the condition; Discussion on the concept of visual fitness; Assessment on the statutory...
- Employers urged to look beyond qualifications. // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p3
The article presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on 'Going Green at Work' conference, legislation on the right to request time off for training, and graduate recruiters.
- FAST FORWARD. // People Management;Oct2011, p10
The article presents a timeline of human resources-related events in Great Britain, held from October 1-26, 2011, including the implementation of agency workers regulations, the Conservative Party conference, and the launch of the nonprofit Employwers Network for Equality & Inclusion.
- MASTER: CLASS. // Management Today;Feb2010, p20
The article focuses on the implementation of management by walking around (MBWA) as an effective management theory to communicate and manage rank and file employees in Great Britain.