Council keeps staff 'supported and happy' despite job losses
- Taking stock of your company. Hughes, Carl // LP/Gas;Mar2003, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p14
Provides tips on how to create a historical resume that highlights the company's major events to improve employee morale. Analysis of company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats; Involvement of key managers or leadership team.
- Trust, Morale Boost Bottom Line. Hoel, Bob // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;09/11/2000, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p3
Cites management and human resource practices that build employee trust and morale.
- HR fights to restore public-sector morale as posts go unfilled. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;6/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p14
Highlights the efforts of personnel managers to restore the morale of public-sector workers. Reliance of the public-sector on the youth; Plans of human resource organizations to convene in January 2002; Reason for the recruitment crisis of human resource managers.
- Stimulating success. Perry, Phillip M. // American Nurseryman;5/15/96, Vol. 183 Issue 10, p55
Discusses ways of measuring and increasing employee morale as part of an effective personnel management. Relating employee goals to those of the business; Providing individual feedback; Providing career counseling; Involving employees in planning the business. INSET: What's your company's...
- Enrich Employees' Work Experiences. // Successful Supervisor;Feb2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p7
The article offers tips on how to keep employee morale high in workplace including praising employees, allowing them to cross-train and communicating with them.
- Brag about ex-employees. // Communication Briefings;Jan2014, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p3
The article offers tips in improving employee morale by bragging former employees, adapted from the book "Finders Keepers" by Russell J. Riendeau.
- Boost morale with a 'Yes!'. // Communication Briefings;Feb2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses how managers can boost employees' morale by fully weighing the benefits of accommodating an employee's request.
- How to alienate your staff. // Business Communications Review;Sep95, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p8
Offers advice on how to demoralize staff and reduce their productivity. Includes politics; Unclear expectations; Unproductive meetings; Constant change.
- The new rules of retention. Kosan, Lisa // Network World;02/21/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p66
Presents suggestions for keeping employees happy. Includes fostering an open work environment; Rotating staff assignments; Asking staffers what would keep them at the firm.
- You can reap the rewards of positive reinforcement. Dempsey, Karen // Personnel Today;8/7/2007, p12
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including an article on boosting the levels of employee engagement by Peter Mills and another on a variety of ways of boosting staff morale.