Strengthening the Profession
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE. SALMEN, RICHARD // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar/Apr2009 Practice Management, p4
The article discusses a report published within the issue by Janet Aschkenasy on the performance of financial planners during a financial crisis.
- Sound And Fury. Schreiber Jr., Don // Financial Planning;Dec2000, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p152
Presents tips on how financial planners can retain clients during market fluctuations. Importance of reminding clients their reason for investing; Why clients listen and read news about finance; How to measure their risk tolerance.
- Advisers rate value of platforms. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;9/23/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p12
The article presents research about the rate of support received by financial advisers from platform providers and dealer groups during the global financial crisis (GFC) in Australia.
- The 50+ Market. // Senior Market Advisor;Dec2012, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p24
The article urges financial advisors to prepare their clients for the next financial crisis by using alternative investments, shifting their strategy from rate of returns and toward lifetime income guarantees.
- Sluggish Economy Seen as Boon tor Financial Planners. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p1
The article focuses on the impact of the sluggish economy on financial planners in San Diego, California. The retirement planners noted that they are being overflowed from a surge of baby boomers where the oldest are getting ready to retire. It is stated that several workers at their retirement...
- PRACTITIONER SOUNDOFF. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1997, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p99
Presents the short narratives of several financial planners on how their clients reacted to the stock market crash of October 27, 1997. General reduction in calling clients; Activities of a financial adviser before the market crash. INSET: Untitled.
- Bear Necessities. DeBlasi, Michelle // Financial Planning;Nov98, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p138
Focuses on the status of certified financial planners (CFP) in the United States. How the global financial crises has affected the planners; Comments from Amy Noel, a CFP licensee with Linsco Private Ledger in Boulder, Colorado; Advantages CFP have in handling financial crisis.
- Strength in diversity. Burgess, Kate // BRW;9/4/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p35
The article discusses the need for accountants and accounting firms in Australia to diversify services in order to survive and credit crunch and increased competition in the wealth management sector. The need to go beyond compliance and reposition themselves as trusted business advisers who can...
- ADIEU ADVISER, HELLO COACH. Sibillin, Anthony // BRW;3/31/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p52
The article looks at the state of the financial advisers' career in Australia amidst the global financial crisis. Due the global financial crisis, the value that a financial adviser can place to a client's portfolio has become questionable. Francis Kinniry, a principal of Vanguard's global...