Young Adults and Online Financial Advice
- AARP survey: Stressed NYC Asian-American Gen X, Boomers struggling to save for retirement. // Filipino Reporter;10/16/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the results of the survey by interest group American Association of Retired Persons that Asian-American Generation X and Baby Boom generation have difficulties to save money for retirement due to the high cost of living, payment for children's education, and healthcare.
- AARP, U.S. Chamber Call for Retirement Savings Solutions. // Plan Advisor News;2013, p87
The article reports on the call by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) for policymakers to act on solutions that will help more Americans build a more secure retirement. At a solutions forum held at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.,...
- Closing the Knowledge Gap. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2015, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p14
The article explains the significance of Social Security in deciding for a pension plan. Topics cited include a survey which found that most consumers lacked knowledge on Social Security as stated by American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) president Jeannine English, the role of financial...
- Participants Want Advice in Their Best Interest. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p5
The article focuses on a survey by the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) which showed that a plan-related advice is being seek by participants to favor their interest. It says that 93% of employees participated in 401(k)-type retirement plans believe the advice should be required to...
- Tackle tomorrow's health costs today. Stanger, Tobie // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Dec2014, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p15
The article offers suggestions on funding health costs to avoid financial stress during retirement. These include starting with a benchmark, using American Association of Retired Persons (AARP's) free Health Care Costs Calculator at the association's website, and having a health savings account...
- AARP members key voters in upcoming N.Y. mayoral election. // Filipino Reporter;10/11/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p9
The article discusses the significant role that American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) members will play in the mayoral election in New York City in November 2013. It notes that AARP members will likely account for 50 % or more of the total number of votes cast with Asian-Americans,...
- State programs get help from the president. BRADFORD, HAZEL // Pensions & Investments;2/23/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p0001
The article reports that private sector retirement solution programs are getting support from U.S. president Barack Obama in the U.S. fiscal budget 2016. Topics discussed include several two years pilot programs for the U.S. labor department, views of Cristina Martin-Firvida, director financial...
- Iqbal's Conception of God. Ahsen, M. Shabbir // Philosophy East & West;Oct2012, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p602
The article reviews the book "Iqbal's Conception of God," second edition, by M. Salman Raschid.
- Every Okla. tribe represented in AARP's 2010 Indian Elder Honors. // Native American Times;9/17/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p1
The article focuses on the American Association of Retired Persons' (AARP) 2010 Indian Elder Honors held at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.