Counterpoint: Social Networking Sites Benefit the Community
- Building your online rapport. // Administrative Professional Today;Mar2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p7
The article presents tips to build rapport in social networking sites, adapted from an article "Focus on others to keep social-network posts professional" by Michael Crom.
- Website helps with difficult but important conversation. Cota, Jim // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/6/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p34A
The author's discusses the importance of social networking site especially the online Conversation Project located at www.theconversationproject.org that provides people with starter kit to have an important conversation that deal with specific cases about life.
- Effect of Facebook on the life of Medical University students. Farooqi, Hassan; Patel, Hamza; Muhammad Aslam, Hafiz; Qamar Ansari, Iqra; Khan, Mariya; Iqbal, Noureen; Rasheed, Hira; Jabbar, Qamar; Raza Khan, Saqib; Khalid, Barira; Nadeem, Anum; Afroz, Raunaq; Shafiq, Sara; Mustafa, Arwa; Asad, Nazia // International Archives of Medicine;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Background Facebook is a social networking service launched in February 2004, owned and operated by Facebook, Inc. As of June 2012, Facebook reports more than 1 billion active users. Objective of study was to evaluate the effect of Facebook on the social life, health and behavior of medical...
- Let's Bring Back Kindness. Hallowell, Edward M. // Prevention;Jun2002, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p108
Contends that, as more people live disconnected lives in this culture, they turn to fighting, and calls for people to start being nice to each other again.
- De la comunidad local al ciberespacio. Gómez-Quintero, Juan David // Revista Migraciones Forzadas;nov2011, Issue 38, p24
No abstract available.
- Periodismo y redes sociales. Parra, Raúl López // Revista Mexicana de Comunicacion;feb-abr2010, Vol. 22 Issue 120, p42
No abstract available.
- MIGRATION OF MOBILE SOCIAL NETWORKS. Bohl, Oliver; Manouchehri, Shakib; Ammermueller, Sebastian; Gerstheimer, Oliver // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Jan2007, p138
The networking of people is fostered by web-based social networks and communities like myspace, linkedin, flickr and a lot of people make intensive use of social software like skype, del.icio.us, and youtube. Those applications can mainly be described as ICT-supported tools which empower users...
- New social website targets active empty-nester crowd. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/14/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 15, pB9
The article reports that the social networking website, ActiveEmptyNesters.com, provides a dynamic social gathering place where members can meet others with similar interests.
- Guest Editors' Introduction: special issue of selected papers from ECML PKDD 2011. Gunopulos, Dimitrios; Malerba, Donato; Vazirgiannis, Michalis // Data Mining & Knowledge Discovery;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p169
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including data mining, subgroup discovery and social relationship in online social network.