Going To Market
- Upheaval in Bank in China. James, David // BRW;11/25/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p27
Reports on the involvement of the Bank of China in a mammoth re-employment exercise in China. Reorganization of the management system; Preparation for an initial public offering; Claim about the ability of Chinese banks to meet the global standards for capital adequacy.
- The Emerging Markets. Ogden, Joan // Global Finance;Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p64
Provides the status of the different emerging market banks around the world. Status of the Korea Development Bank; Banking system at Latin America; Why emerging market banks are considered the safest; Measures adopted by different banks.
- Reorganizing before you take company public. Brockmeyer, Neal H. // San Diego Business Journal;5/22/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p25
Suggests the importance of reorganizing before taking a company public. Incorporating under Delaware law; Tax implications of combining multiple corporations; Obtaining shareholder approval.
- IPO Activity Picking Up on Spate of Deals, Plans. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;5/8/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p1
The article predicts an increase in initial public offerings activity in 2006. It is predicted that at least eight companies could go public in 2006. Most of the offerings are small as compared to those in the last decade, while others are non-traditional offerings by banks. 1996 was the busiest...
- Beijing goes dipping - again - for those banks. Sanders, Sol W. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;6/27/2007, p2
The article reports on the intention of the Agricultural Bank of China (ABC), with nearly half a million employees, 27,000 branches, and a stack of bad loans on its books, which it says are 23.4 percent of its lending portfolio, to go public. It says that the bank is the last of Beijing, China's...
- BANKING COLLAPSE AND RESTRUCTURING IN INDONESIA, 1997-2001. Fane, George; McLeod, Ross H. // CATO Journal;Fall2002, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p277
Focuses on the collapse of the banking sector in Indonesia and its restructuring in the period 1997-2001. Overview of the government's bank restructuring strategy; Cost of recapitalizing the banks; Relative performance of state and private and of large and small banks.
- Phantom Bookrunners Surface in IPOs. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/13/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 48, p10
The article reports that banks that do not work but collect fees and league-table credit as rewards from corporate clients, have made their way into the world of initial public offerings. The practice is expected to pick up steam in 2005 and deal a damaging blow to the credibility of...
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p12
Presents information on negotiated bond offerings of various companies in the U.S. as of July 2003. Tentative dates for the offerings; Lead manager of these companies.
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p7
Presents information related to competitive bond offerings in the U.S. as of January 2002. Tabular data of bonds issued by several companies.