Double-Dip Scenario Still In Play
- NDF Market Points To Imminent Devaluation. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
The article offers information on the economic performance and forecast in Vietnam from 2009 to 2012. It states that the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) is pressured to devalue the Vietnamese dong. It notes that the latest economic figures showed a broadening trade deficit and accelerating inflation...
- Outlook Improved, But Still Clouds On Horizon. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2009, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the economic outlook for Vietnam. It is expected that gross domestic product (GDP) growth will rise from 2.9% to 4.5% on the back of government-supported resilience in domestic demand and slightly improved outlook for the country's commodity and low-cost manufactured...
- Public Spending Cuts To Keep Growth Subdued. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the effect of the effort of the Vietnamese government to shift focus from forcing economic growth to fight inflation and dealing macroeconomic balances. It states that the said strategy has an altering effect on the economy of the country, along with the growth in real...
- VIETNAM: Domestic Boost. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
The article presents information on the economic conditions in Vietnam. Vietnam is one of the fastest growing economies in Asia, clocking up growth rates around 7% for the past few years, including growth of 7.7% in 2004. Growth in the first half of 2005 was recorded at 7.6%. Breaking down the...
- Growth To Moderate Despite Exports Uptick. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2011, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p1
The article presents the economic forecast for Vietnam in the second half of 2011 (H211), when economic activity is expected to continue to moderate following gross domestic product (GDP) growth of 5.7% in the second quarter of 2011 (Q211). It warns that global economic headwinds are still a...
- Executive Summary. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2012 2nd Quarter, Issue 2, p5
The article presents an executive summary for the economic conditions in Vietnam with information on the fall of the growth of gross domestic product (GDP), the potential decline in foreign direct investment inflows from China and Hong Kong and a steady improvement in the country's trade deficit.
- Forecasts Revised Up For 2009 And 2010 GDP. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2009, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p5
The article forecasts the performance of the gross domestic product (GDP) in Vietnam for 2009-2010. The country's real GDP is cited to increase during the period from 4.5% to 5.1% on the back of the resilience of domestic demand amid the global economic downturn. The 2010 GDP is also expected to...
- Background Note: Vietnam. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Vietnam;Apr2005, p1
Presents several facts about Vietnam as of April 2005. Population; Gross domestic product in 2004; Inflation rate in 2004.
- Executive Summary. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p5
The article provides an overview of the economic outlook for Vietnam from 2011-2012 in which gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to increase to 7.2% while policy rate will remain on hold at 14% before easing the monetary policy.