Corruption Key Threat To Agricultural Reform
- Key Enterprises. // Myanmar Country Review;2001/2002, p59
Provides an overview of the key enterprises in Myanmar as of July 2001. Agricultural activities; Key state agricultural enterprises.
- Economic Structure and Context: Key Sectors. // Nicaragua Country Monitor;Nov2009, p11
The article reports on the economic structure of the agricultural and manufacturing sectors in Nicaragua in 2009. It notes that the country's agricultural sector remains the mainstay of the economy, which contributes about 30% of gross domestic product (GDP). Meanwhile, the manufacturing sector...
- For Brazil, the future is now. Wilson, Mike // Farm Futures;Jul2011, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p50
The article presents the author's insights on the agriculture industry in Brazil. The author states how the country ventured on a growth curve in commodity production and became the largest exporter of beef, coffee, sugar, and orange juice worldwide. He quotes Brazilian Minister of Agriculture...
- Russia. // BOFIT Weekly;1/3/2014, Issue 1, p1
This section offers Russian news briefs. Lack of big business investment depressed Russian capital investment overall during third quarter of 2013. Russia filed on December 23, 2013 its first complaint with the World Trade Organisation (WTO) on the use of anti-dumping tariffs by the European...
- Bibliography. // Burma (Myanmar) Country Review;2008, p190
A bibliography on the subject related to the economic, political and social conditions of Burma is presented which includes the websites www.worldclimate.com from World Climate Data Online and www.eb.com from Britannica Online, and the book "The Statesman's Year-Book 2006," edited by Barry Turner.
- Will Myanmar open up to new opportunities? Lim, Soo Hai // Fundweb;1/18/2012, p5
A blog regarding the opportunities and obstacles to the economic growth of Burma is discussed.
- Commodity classification of merchandise exports: Price and... // Bank of Canada Review;Winter96/97, pS99
Presents statistical information from Canada concerning merchandise exports which wee based on commodity classification, volume, balance of payment and prices for the period 1985 through 1996.
- Commodity classification of merchandise imports: Price and... // Bank of Canada Review;Winter96/97, pS100
Presents statistical information on merchandise imports in Canada from 1986 through 1996, based on volume, price, commodity classification and balance of payments.
- New York State's merchandise export gap. Howe, Howard; Leary, Mark // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;Nov96, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on New York State's merchandise export performance as of November 1996. Background on the decline in the state's merchandise exports; Causes of the decline; Market composition; Labor costs.