Euro Timeline Dependent On Election Outcome
- Deficit Reduction No Easy Task. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
A rapidly rise in fiscal deficit has emerged as an economic challenge to the government of Czech Republic. The fiscal deficit estimated by the finance ministry amounts to 4 percent of the country's gross domestic product (GDP). If steps are not taken to reform the social and pension funds, the...
- Still Rangebound. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/6/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the performance of the Czech's koruna as of September 2004. Forecast on real gross domestic product (GDP) growth from 2003 to 2005; Key macroeconomic problems facing the country; Expectations on the increase in GDP state budget deficit in 2004.
- Voting functions in the EU-15. Gonçalves Veiga, Linda // Public Choice;Dec2013, Vol. 157 Issue 3/4, p411
This paper examines whether the European integration process, by transferring policy instruments to supra-national authorities, has affected votersâ€™ evaluations of governmentsâ€™ economic performance at elections. The analysis is implemented on a panel of 15 EU countries, from 1970...
- C/A Moves Deeper Into The Red. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p6
The article presents an economic outlook for Czech Republic as of March 2011. It highlights the anticipation that the account deficit of the country will widen to 3.8% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2011. Moreover, the country's friendly tax regime, effective judicial process and good...
- Country Risk Summary: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Dec2003, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p6
This article focuses on the risk assessment for Czech Republic. Parliamentary scrutiny of the 2004 budget has begun peacefully enough, with the lower house approving the government's draft, including its CZK115bn deficit proposal, in a first reading in mid-October. The short-term economy rating...
- Czech Back From The Brink? // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p13
Reports on the economic condition of the Czech Republic as of September 22, 2003. Budget deficit expected for 2004; Actions taken by Prime Minister Vladimir Spidla to solve the economic problems of the country; Gross domestic product performance of the country.
- Czech Republic: Growing Pains. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/20/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p12
Presents information on the economic condition of Czech Republic in 2004. Increase in the real gross domestic product; Increase in the country's budget deficit; Concerns on the plans of the Social Democrats to exceed the expenditure limits; Forecast on bond yields.
- Country Intelligence: Report: Czech Republic. // Czech Republic Country Monitor;Jun2013, p1
A report on the economic outlook and conditions of Czech Republic as of June 2013 is presented. It mentions the considerable uncertainty of the country's economy given its lethargic domestic demand and strong export dependence. It expects that the commitment of the government to bring the budget...
- Beware Weakness On Profit Repatriation. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 31, p14
Presents an outlook of the economic performance of Czech Republic. Status of net direct investment; Key macroeconomic problems facing the nation; Expectation on the state budget deficit of the gross domestic product.