Merger Puts Nixon Peabody in Calif. Public Finance Market
- California Dreamin' // Business NH Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the plan of Nixon Peabody LLP of New Hampshire to merge with Lillick & Charles LLP of California. Terms of the deal; Expected benefits from the merger.
- Nixon Peabody merges with California firm. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/27/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p25
Focuses on the merger of law firms Nixon Peabody LLP and Lillick & Charles LLP into Nixon Peabody LLP in the U.S. Profile of Nixon Peabody; Benefits of the merger to Lillick & Charles; Advantages of the merger to the business community in New Hampshire.
- Nixon Peabody Merging With Hutchins Wheeler. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p6
Reports the proposed merger between Nixon Peabody LLP and Hutchins, Wheeler & Dittmar in the U.S. Psychology behind the mergers; Expansion strategy of the firm to strengthen the foothold of Nixon Peabody; Closure of merger at the end of the year after approval of both teams.
- Nixon Peabody to Join Forces With Hutchins Wheeler. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31539, p6
Reports that partners of Nixon Peabody LLP, a national multi-practice law firm in the U.S. and Boston, Massachusetts-based company Hutchins, Wheeler & Dittmar announced plans of merger as of December 23, 2002 under the Nixon Peabody name. Impact of the merger on Nixon Peabody's capabilities;...
- Nixon Peabody's New Lead M&A Partner Talks About Energy and Healthcare. M. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/23/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p3
Discusses the interest of Lori Green, merger and acquisition executive at Nixon Peabody LLP, in energy and medical device deals in the U.S. Core strengths of Green; Factors driving increased deregulation; Examples of private equity doing energy deals.
- NIXON PEABODY ADDS TO MIDTOWN SPACE. Haughney, Christine // Crain's New York Business;11/22/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p13
The article informs that a law firm known for its private equity practice is expanding its midtown presence, following a series of mergers and a pickup in corporate work. Nixon Peabody LLP signed a 13-year lease for 82,700-square-foot offices at 437 Madison Ave. The firm is renewing its lease...
- J&J, Guidant Set A New MAC Test. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p17
The article reports on the factors that caused the temporary break up of the merger agreements between Guidant Corp. and Johnson & Johnson in November 2005. A renegotiation of the purchase price was done due to the legal test of the material adverse change clause. Specific characteristics of the...
- MACs Show More Teeth. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses the study of law firm Nixon Peabody LLP on material adverse change (MAC) clauses that have become more buyer friendly, as acquirers seek protections amid an uncertain environment. This development has taken place due to increased volume of broken deals. According to Thomson...
- MACs Show More Teeth. J. M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/26/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p11
The article reveals that material adverse change (MAC) clauses have become more buyer friendly as acquirers seek protection in uncertain economic conditions. A survey by law firm Nixon Peabody LLP showed that MAC exceptions are being offered which is a reflection of market volatility. According...