U.S. to Develop Tunnel System
- Spanning the News. DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Sep98, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p18
Presents news briefs on highways in the United States (US). Pending appropriation bills for the US Department of Transportation; Meeting between David R. Kraemer, 1998 chairman of the American Road & Transportation Builders Association and US President Bill Clinton; Technical guidance for...
- The highway economic requirements system: An introduction... McElroy, Regina // Public Roads;Dec92, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p104
Discusses the Highway Economic Requirements System (HERS) of the Department of Transportation (DOT). Use of analytical technique and software user interface; Implications on the use of analytical technique; Variables of software user interface; Reason why HERS was used in quantifying highway...
- HIGHWAYS HAPPENINGS. // Overdrive;Feb2011, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p56
The article offers news briefs related to highways including introduction of bill in Indiana which permit heavy trucks to travel on Chicago-area highway, the closure of the U.S. 60/62 bridge over the Mississippi River by the Department of Transportation and hiked tolls on seven bridges and two...
- Along the Road. // Public Roads;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p51
Presents information on developments and trends in highways from United States Department of Transportation sources as of September 2001. Overview of a transportation spending plan passed by the Senate; Initiative announced by Transportation Secretary Norman Y. Mineta to develop a national...
- All-American roads, each worth the trip. // National Geographic;Apr97, Vol. 191 Issue 4, Preceding p3
Mentions the designation of various roadways throughout the United States as All-American Roads by the US Department of Transportation. What the designation is intended to recognize; Roadways honored in 1996, including the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina and a 72-mile stretch of the...
- The road to success. // Ski;Dec96, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p58
Reports on the US Department of Transportation's preservation program designating six all-American highways earning eligibility for $14 million in federal aid.
- Timing delays like relays. Cervarich, Margaret Blain // Roads & Bridges;Jan2002, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p32
Reports the ways to speed up road construction by the Department of Transportation in the United States. Permutation used of the way road work; Identification of the specific strategies for fighting user delay; Closures of a major urban expressway.
- Big Rigs Haul In DOT Funding. Corbett, Brian // Ward's Auto World;Jan2000, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p87
Deals with the funding of highway research of the United States Department of Transportation. Grants awarded by the agency to these programs; Truck makers that are in collaboration with the National Automated Highway System Consortium; Details on the Automatic Collision Notification System.
- Highways get shushed. // Roads & Bridges;Aug2010, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p15
The article offers information on a new rule announced by the U. S. Department of Transportation that upgrades its criteria on the installation of noise walls along federal highways.