MSRB Filing Change to Rule G-3
- ICI Sees 529 Plans as Mutual Funds. Brent, Andrew // Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the support of the Investment Co. Institute for the proposed rule of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to regulate 529 college savings plans in the same way mutual funds are regulated in the U.S. as of December 2001. Background on MSRB; Similarity of the interests of...
- MSRB Updates Professional Exams to Include Recent Rule Changes. Casey, Jack // Bondbuyer.com;8/3/2015, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board late Friday filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission revised content outlines to its qualification exams for municipal fund securities limited principals, municipal securities representatives, and municipal securities principals that will bring...
- NASD & MSRB Issue Joint Statement Regarding Mutual Fund & 529 Plan Sales Rules. // ComplyNet;Feb2006, p3
The article reports on the issuance by self regulatory organizations the National Association of Securities Dealers and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board of a joint statement regarding mutual fund and 529 plan sales rules. Citing benefits to investors and a desire to foster regulatory...
- $9.4B Set For Next Week's Holiday-Lite Calendar. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;3/30/2015, p1
Prices of top-shelf municipal bonds were steady at mid-session, traders said, as yields were flat after rising on Thursday.
- SEC Urged to Disapprove Rule on MA Core Conduct. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;9/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34377, p1
Dealer, issuer and investment company groups are urging the Securities and Exchange Commission to disapprove a Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board rule that would impose core duties on municipal advisors, warning it is overly burdensome and anti-competitive.
- Board Sets New Rules For 529 Advertisements. Abramovich, Giselle // Money Management Executive;12/12/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p2
The article reports that due to a new requirement for consistent presentation of performance data in municipal securities dealers' advertisements for 529 college savings plans, picking a college plan has become a little bit easier. The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board of the United States...
- MSRB's Fee Proposal Unfair, Broker-Dealers Say. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33575, p2
The article reports on the statement of the broker-dealers regarding the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) fee proposal in the U.S.
- MSRB Revises Its Draft Rule on College Savings Plan. HEMMERDINGER, JONATHAN // Bond Buyer;11/28/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33820, p3
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has revised its draft rule that would create a new rule G-45 for underwriters.
- MSRB to Start Muni FA Registration, Rulemaking on Oct. 1. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/16/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33384, p5
The article reports on the notice issued by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board regarding the start of registration and rulemaking activities in the U.S.