IN THE LOOP
- Potter a Boon for... HarperCollins? Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/25/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the possible benefits of the financial deal between publishing companies Scholastic and HarperCollins to HarperCollins. Impact of the success of the Harry Potter books to HarperCollins; Overview of the deal; Profit being expected from the deal.
- Scholastic To Acquire Grolier Inc. // Library Journal;6/1/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 10, p28
Announces a deal between French-based Lagardere S.C.A., or Scholastic, for the purchase of Grolier Inc. Details of the deal; Information about Grolier; Deal between SilverPlatter and MCB University Press for the addition of 130 business and library science journals to its SilverLinker Product.
- Scholastic/NFL Deal Latest In String Of Licensing Agreements. // Book Publishing Report;11/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the plan of Scholastic Inc. to expand a 2003 deal with the National Football League (NFL) to publish five books aimed at readers between the ages 7 and 12 in the U.S. Number of copies for the first printing of the book; Enrollment of children in a Scholastic-sponsored Super Bowl essay...
- Big red dog Clifford celebrates 30th birthday. // Playthings;Sep93, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p80
No abstract available.
- Scholastic signs international agreements. // Playthings;Sep96, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p46
Reports that Scholastic Production has signed agreements with international licensing agents in 16 territories for its `Goosebumps' and `The Magic School Bus' book and television.
- Promotions highlight Magic School Bus' 10th. // Playthings;Nov96, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p46
Highlights the 10th anniversary of Scholastic's The Magic School Bus. Schedule of activities; Dairy Queen's offering of Magic School Bus collectibles.
- Scholastic trees. Redenbo, Kurt // American Forests;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 100 Issue 3/4, p10
Reports on Scholastic Inc.'s program linking readers with tree planting. Trees planted in behalf of educators who renew early for Classroom Magazine Division titles; Letting readers know about American Forests' innovative conservation education materials.
- Enter the scholastic art and writing awards. // Scholastic Update;11/4/94, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p22
Invites the typical American seventh to 12th grade reader to join the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards competition. Prizes at stake; Mechanics of the competition; Deadlines for submission of entries; Administrators and sponsors of the competition; Past winners of the awards and their winning...
- Scholastic makes the grade in H'wood. Cox, Dan // Variety;1/23/95, Vol. 357 Issue 12, p13
Reports on Scholastic Productions' plan to become a top producer of feature films for children. Background on Scholastic Productions; Business performance; Television programs produced; Promotion and advertising of its film releases; Production of films for children.