Public Affairs Proves You Can Be Serious And Sexy
- Book Producers Quicken Publishing Cycle To Stay Current. // Book Publishing Report;4/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the acceleration of the publishing cycles for books dealing with current events by nonfiction book publishers due to competition from high-speed Internet connections, cable television and satellite radio. Schedule of the release of the 9/11 Investigations edited by Steven Strasser...
- hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;11/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 47, p14
Presents news briefs on book deals in the U.S. as of November 25, 2002. Author of the book on the life of poet Allen Ginsberg; Book to be published Public Affairs about political strategist Karl Rove.
- PublicAffairs Counting On Public Domain With The WMD Mirage. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p5
Reports that PublicAffairs Books company is expected to release the book "The WMD Mirage: Iraq's Decade of Deception and America's False Premise For War" on April 4, 2005 in the U.S. Estimated number of copies in the initial print; Price offering; Statement of publicity director Gene Taft...
- PublicAffairs' Has Positive Year With Politically-Charged Titles. // Book Publishing Report;4/10/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p3
The article reports on the strong 2005 financial performance of political book publisher PublicAffairs Books, a division of Perseus Books. It has strengthened the 2006 optimism of the company to develop long-range projects. The firm has also used the Internet to expand its marketing reach and...
- Shandler Moving to LB. // Publishers Weekly;7/24/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 30, p16
Reports on appointments at publishing houses as of July 24, 2000. Addition of Geoff Shandler and Deborah Baker at editorial team at Little, Brown; Appointment of Paul Colob at Public Affairs.
- News Brief. // Publishers Weekly;8/29/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 34, p4
Presents news briefs on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of August 2005. Appointment of Susan Weinberg as publisher of Public Affairs; Selection of author and literary critic David Ulin as editor of the magazine "Los Angeles Times Book Review"; Acquisition of Delta Education by School...
- PublicAffairs Hits Good Timing With The Hammer. // Book Publishing Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p5
Reports that PublicAffairs Books company has pushed back the publication date of the book "The Hammer: Tom DeLay: God, Money, and the Rise of the Republican Congress" to September 28, 2004 in the U.S. Reason for the delay of the publication; Effect of the indictments of the Travis County grand...
- Additions at Public Affairs. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;12/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 50, p10
Focuses on the investment performance of Public Affairs as of December 2002. List of its investors; Launch of its paperback line, Public Affairs in Paper; Promotions of employees.
- BPPA snares Tory adviser. Singleton, David // PRWeek (London);8/20/2010, p1
The article reports that Michael McManus, formerly a chief of staff to former British Prime Minister Edward Heath, has been appointed as director for Bell Pottinger Public Affairs (BPPA).