Process Mapping: Improving factory performance using a lean approach -- role of process mapping
- Can we improve the profitability of seafood companies by applying Six Sigma to packaging operations? Heap, John // Management Services;Spring2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p22
The article describes the case of using the Six Sigma approach to determine the causal factors of breakdowns of a labelling machine in seafood companies.
- LEAN MANAGEMENT EXPAINED. // Landscape Management;Dec2005, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p14
The article discusses the cost effective quality control standards related to improving operational efficiency. The quality control standards Kaizen and Six Sigma, describe quality control standards. Kaizen is a Japanese term for continuous improvement which involves any action whose output is...
- The CPM Dashboard Meets Six Sigma Part 2. Bauer, Kent // DM Review;Jul2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p34
Part II. Provides information on Six Sigma and its application to corporate performance management. Definition of Six Sigma; Description of the Six Sigma methodologies; Analysis of the Six Sigma design process.
- Ã‰tude des mÃ©thodes et modÃ¨les de Â« design for six sigma Â» (DFSS). Tchidi, Megan Florent; Zhen He // Revue des Sciences de Gestion;nov/dec2011, Issue 252, p69
Quality is the key of success and survival of every enterprise. Therefore, most enterprises nowadays use different methods, including Six Sigma, in order to improve quality as well as the profitability of their products. This research, on the first place analyzes various models of process of...
- Six Sigma "Add-ons" Help Companies Make the Leap. Joyce, Lorraine // R&D Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p36
Discusses strategies to improve process management using the quality control standard Six Sigma. Reasons to first select a problem solving program; Overview of the expanded toolkit approach; Importance of the employee role for the procedural changes. INSETS: Six Sigma initiatives promote...
- Using Six Sigma in the Credit Department. // Credit Management;Dec2003, p32
Examines the use of the Six Sigma define, measure, analyze, improve and control methodology in credit management to reduce variation in collection performance. Definition of Six Sigma; Phases of a Six Sigma project; Control plans.
- Six Sigma and why it's not widely used in FM. Payne, Chris // FM World;10/17/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p15
An excerpt from the article "Six Sigma and Why It's Not Widely Used in FM," by Chris Payne, published on the website "Human Factors in FM" at http://chrisdpayne.wordpress.com, is presented.
- The Project Selection Process. Snee, Ronald D.; Rodebaugh Jr., William F. // Quality Progress;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p78
Discusses the use of Six Sigma in the management of project portfolio to create an overall organizational improvement system. Four key phases to the maturation of the project selection process; Categorization of Six Sigma projects by problem type and by the savings category; Selection of a...
- The New Strategic Six Sigma. Smith, Dick; Blakeslee, Jerry // T+D;Sep2002, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p45
Examines the usability of six sigma, a statistical quality improvement technique for business development. Formulation and integration of existing business strategies and missions; Increase of the complexity of customer requirements; Implementation of electronic-business ventures with...