Staff suggestion schemes
- Six keys to basic success. Phillips, Kevin John // Supervision;May94, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p11
Discusses six keys and guidelines in successful people management. Importance of right attitude; Difference between demands and directions; Consistency; Reward collections; Results; Dealing with the office grapevine.
- Management by behaviors. Payne, Tom // Supervision;Jun96, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p8
Offers supervisors some guidelines for managing an employee's behavior. Speaking with employees about measurable and observable behaviors; Avoiding discussions about vague traits and characteristics.
- Five ways to cope with difficult people. Bielous, Gary A. // Supervision;Jun96, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p14
Offers supervisors some guidelines for dealing with difficult employees. Keeping emotionally distant; Making one's expectations realistic; Providing something an employee needs; Patience.
- Treasure chest. Mintcloud, Buckley // Supervision;Jun96, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p22
Offers ideas and insights of use to supervisors. Meeting employee needs to boost productivity; Dealing with women employees who are victims of domestic violence; Time saving tips.
- Mind your own business. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Jun96, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p24
Offers ideas and insights of use to supervisors. Effective communication; Dealing with failure; Caring and feeding of problem people; Positive criticisms.
- Creating eustress in the workplace: A supervisor's role. Douglas, Max E. // Supervision;Oct96, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p6
Describes how supervisors can help cultivate a work climate that optimizes employee performance while minimizing the counterproductive effects of job stress. Comparison between positive and negative stress; Matching a capable employee with an appropriate task; Ensuring that authority equals...
- 'honeymoon' hints for managers. // Supervision;May2001, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p15
Suggests several ways by which supervisors can support new employees in their transition period. Clarification of expectations; Significance of helping the employee form a business and social network; Determination of the employees' signs of weakness.
- OPEN FORUM. Ochalla, Bryan // Credit Union Management;Apr2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p9
Discusses suggestions for dealing with an unsatisfied and under-performing employees. Suggestion from John Dolan-Heitlinger, president/chief executive of Keys Federal Credit Union; Best way of finding out what to do with the unproductive employee; Opinion on dealing appropriately and in a...
- Human Resources Management. McBain, Richard // Henley Manager Update;Autumn99, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p22
Discusses several issues concerning human resource management (HRM). Resistance in mergers and acquisition; When an organization should outsource HRM; Role of HRM in the modern organization; Discussion on pay satisfaction of employees.